Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just a general note of advice regarding the information that is posted on these pages. While we all love to check out each others cars, I strongly advise you all to be extremely careful in regards to the info that you post.
While all folks here I believe are trustworthy there are a number of lurkers on the site who we know nothing about.
Please don't post piccies with your number plates visible if you are at all worried. If you don't know how to use a graphics editor email the piccies to me and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Don't post any information you wouldn't be comfortable telling a complete stranger. Remember you can't always trust the web.

Cheers,

Chucky :D

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
yeah good point there!

u cant trust anyone these days. appart from u regular guys :)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
laminge said:
Though anyone willing to quote account numbers and Pin Numbers please email them to me 1st!
Hey man.. you've got your XR.. me first!! ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HSE2 said:
As if we would trust you two:D :p
You can trust me... if you're keen...

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
be careful -not just the web

Dont know how true this story is but here goes the basics-

1/ bloke buys genuine GT
2/ bloke tells no one of his investment
3/ bloke needs parts and orders from so called performance / gt shop
4/Shop sends out part to HIS ADDRESS
5/a few months later GT dissapears.

Coincidence? Bull&*? what do you reckon?
Anyone else heard of stories like this?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Re: be careful -not just the web

botch said:
Dont know how true this story is but here goes the basics-

1/ bloke buys genuine GT
2/ bloke tells no one of his investment
3/ bloke needs parts and orders from so called performance / gt shop
4/Shop sends out part to HIS ADDRESS
5/a few months later GT dissapears.

Coincidence? Bull&*? what do you reckon?
Anyone else heard of stories like this?
Yes and that is a good point to raise.
I think DOC has a similar experience

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
A rather concerning point that... one i hadnt rooly thought of...
To get to my baby bring a hacksaw for the 1 1/2" sling wrapped around my steel gate, bolt cutters for the hi/tensile $90 padlocks on the shed (4 of) & a large assortment of bandages,painkillers or WHY for the damage my rottie will inflict on you if you still persist in trying............

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes I believe the story about the GT missing. I used to be so paranoid when I had my GT in the shed. I guy I know had his
wifes car always parked in front of his garage door where his HO resided, until one weekend his misses went out to Nowra to see her mum, he came home to find the HO gone! So someone was watching his place very carefully over time. Luckly they couldn't find the fuel kill switch and he found it only a few blocks from his house, compliance plates sitting on passenger seat. Bloody lucky SOB.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
SnaggS said:
Soz, I think I'm a bit naieve and trusting, but whats the problem with posting your number plates ?
Hmmm

I know how easy it is for someone to trak you down with the right contacts!

Doesnt take long for someone to make you a target if you make it easy for them!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
One of the guys I used to work with, had an original GTHO Phase 3.

He spent close to $30k and over 3 years restoring it. He finally got it finished, drove it to the RTA to pay the rego, then to his brothers house for a BBQ (in honour of finishing the car!)

He then drove it home, put it in the garage, got a chain, and wrapped it around the diff, and pad locked it to a bolt thing in the floor, armed the car and went inside.

He changed his clothes and put the kettle on... heard a revving noise. raced outside and saw his car speeding off down the street.

The guys that did it where caught.. they had been keeping an eye on the car for MONTHS!! they stripped it and sold it for parts.
Paul (the guy who owned the car) only got $18k for it - cos thats what all the insurance co would give him.

·
MkII Cortina Owner
529 Posts
Hey,

It aint just GTs that grow legs - I lost my first car, a rather nice XY ute, from out of the backyard.

Unlucky that the MTX stereo was still in it.
Lucky that I had just pulled the motor and gearbox out of it.
Unlucky that I was out walking the Blue Heeler at the time.

L8a,
Prud

·
Fordaholic
78 Posts
My XB GT grew legs after i got home from the 75th Anniversery weekend 2 years ago. The guys said it was a spur of the moment thing but was found out later that they were in with some local hero bikie's. They pleaded guilty , appealed and got off !!

So possession of 3 stolen cars (XB GT , VH Brock, 351 XY UTE) 4 stolen trail bikes , a house full of stolen goods ect......doesnt mean you get into any trouble at all !!! When i jacked up about it , the court treated my like a total arsehole because i wanted money from the thieves, after all "they do have families to support and they cant be inconvenienced in any way " was the courts opinion!
BTW , when you hear of compensation being granted by a court for this sort of thing , if the crim doesnt pay within 30 days of the court order , it is dropped and you have to personaly sue the crim yourself at your own expense !!

So be very careful or you could end up $7000 out of pocket and a GT sedan cut into 3 pieces that now resides in 8 metres of water in the Goulburn River !

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Here's one to think about.!!

Do you know everyone!! at your local speed shop or dealership or tyre fitter.??

Where do people have access to you cars details and your address.??

Just think about it, how many times do you hear of a car going walking after it has had major mods done at a large performance shop.??

Don't get me wrong I don't say these places are doodgy, however they are a great place to get a shopping list from!!!!!!!!

Nipper.........

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
definitely a good point!

i haven't done much stuff to my car, but i'm still not too comfortable with posting pics with my rego plate. sure the car's locked up in a garage with a 4" steel bolt digging into the concrete and a rattly old van parked in front but i still don't like posting this stuff cuz i've had a few bad experiences with people breaking into our garage/van.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts