Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off is there supposed to be a tube of some sort, attached to the drain located on the fire wall? Every car and pictures I see don't show one just the drain coming out of the fire wall.i pit in a new blower fan and resister. We had some heavy rain,and when would go through really deep puddle the blower fan would stop working because the water was backed up in the drain. It dries out and everything thing is working. even though I see water drainage when the a/c is on could that line still be clogged, or is there supposed to be something there. Any info will help. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
You’ve got it right, there is a condensate drain leading from the A/C evaporator to the outside.

I take it that you found the drain coming off the firewall, that drain is attached to a nipple that’s molded in to the A/C evaporator housing on the cars I’ve worked on.

Bugs have been known to make nests inside them, I use a long tie wrap to see if they’re clogged. A nylon tie wrap won’t punch a hole through the rubber drain line and is flexible enough to make it around the 90 degree corner.

The other things to look for are a clogged cabin filter if your car has one, and chances are good that there is debris inside the evaporator housing, upstream of the evaporator.

My ‘96 had a cabin air filter located on top of the firewall, accessed from the engine compartment if I remember correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts