Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my car back from the smash repairs, it seems the aircon is stuck to blowing onto the windscreen, even if the dial is turned to another position. The A/C itself works fine, you just cant direct it to the vents, so I'm guessing it may be a vacuum hose that has come loose? Any ideas?

Anyway, can someone please give me idiot proof directions as to finding said vacuum hose and reattaching it? Thanks!

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
You will have 2 hoses coming through the firewall on the passenger side, one black, one green. Black one will probably be d/c. It needs to be on a vacuum source. I can't remember where the fitting is on the ef manifold. If it is hooked up then possibly the line on the vac resivoir is d/c. It may be possible if you've just had the car in the panel shop. If its d/c here it will hiss. Its also a prick to get to as its behind the guard on the driver side.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Did they have to play with the dash or instrument cluster, maybe they havent hooked everything back up, talk to them 1st

·
How Fast Were You Going?
211 Posts
I have the same problem on My EA MPFI.
Are these hoses in the same place?
Any help will be great. Cheers

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
The Shark said:
I have the same problem on My EA MPFI.
Are these hoses in the same place?
Any help will be great. Cheers
Yes they are in the same place except you will have 2 black hoses. From memory the long black is vac source, short black goes to some rubber piping which goes to the sensor on the thermostat housing.

·
How Fast Were You Going?
211 Posts
Cheers for that, but all the hoses and that look to be in order.
I couldn't find anything loose or off.
Could it be anything else?
Do you think it could just be the lever/switch for the air flow?
Maybe i'll just visit a wreckers for one.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
If it stays on the screeen, it is usually an engine sensor open circuit. So find your engine sensor and see if it is still connected. I don't know where it is, as I am just reading this out of the w/shop manual.

cheers.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
I have 3 hoses (EA Ghia MPFI)
1st black one goes to the inlet manifold
2nd black is blocked off (the shorter one)
3rd turqouise hose goes to the heater tap

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I think the engine temp for the aircon is taken from the ECU and is the same signal as given by the coolant temp sensor. But I may be wrong.

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts