Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out the V8Supercar website and noticed that a few cars will wear new numbers for the '04 season.

Mark Skaife - #2
Todd Kelly - #52
Paul Radisich - #88
Max Wilson - #888
John Bowe - #12

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
John Bowe #12???? Why?

Not that I think there is anything wrong with him using that number....but why does he have that?

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
It's his 12th year without winning the championship?

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
Didn't J.Bowe use 888 last year? maybe he got a good offer?

JC said:
It's his 12th year without winning the championship?
Good one JC! :muha: , if it's true then :rofl: :jester:

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
i thought triple eight racing would have #8 and #88 then those together are 888
that 8 and 88 together makes 96 ...lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
fordomaniac said:
doesn't JB always use #888 for all his racing????
Nuh. He use to run number 18 ,1 and 600. Can't remember his number he had on the Volvo. I think he started running 888 in Nations Cup and decided to use it when he joined BJR.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 88 on JB's car is from the GP only. They use a different timing system (not Dorian) and I suppose it don't recognise triple digit numbers. Kiwi car runs into the same drama but I can't think what they run, obviously can't have 21.Should make life interesting for the 888 boys if this are still the same this year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't know the tradition behind it but #2 seems to have been brought in by Skaife. If you go back to the begining of the V8's HRT have normally had 15 and something else, 16, 05, 1. Gibson had #2, way back to the GTR's, can't rember how he got that, so Skaife dragged that with him. Geez, I bet that that has has cleared everything up!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
FPRXR-6 said:
I checked out the V8Supercar website and noticed that a few cars will wear new numbers for the '04 season.

Mark Skaife - #2
Todd Kelly - #52
Paul Radisich - #88
Max Wilson - #888
John Bowe - #12
I wonder which number Wilson will run with at the AGP? Given that the timing system can cope with only 2 digits? Surely the Rat and Wilson can't both have 88

1 - 19 of 19 Posts