Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only a few little problems with my new ghia.. here they are

1) if a tranny has got NO OIL will it still work? or will it stlip a little, mine has no oil and it only slips at about 2500, revs to 3500, then engages again....

2)water is leakin from the radiator cap

3) can i fit 6X9's, the xe ghia rear headrests, anda gas tank in the same vechile?

4) ORANGE ESP STRIPES what do they use on the side? my rear bar has got one orange in it, and looks mad, wanna dothe whoel car, if its too much, i might just paint them

or 5) ghia moulds for the side, was there one at the back behined the rear wheel? ive seen a few with them, but TONNES without

a few pics of my car now....

what do you all think of my car? nice?
cost me about 600 up till now, and its got a complete new braking system everything is BRAND NEW!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
1) Definitely not, you must still have a little oil left. If you don't fill it SOON, you will kill the box.

2) More info needed...is it doing it hot? where does the gauge sit? Could be that the cap needs replacing, or it could be due to overheating problems....

Dunno the rest, :) I don't know much about the older Falcons

$600? Not bad at all, looks pretty straight! Nice one mate!

·
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its sittin on 1/4 or mabye a lil more, nowhere near a half but...

600, including the car
master cylinder, bendix advance pads at front, cheap at rear,
inst cluster, windscreen, paint, bog, metal meand, bumper... list goes on and on hehe....
still need rwc, and rego...

the 2 rear 1/4's have been kinda painted, wth a can, and they came out good... i gotta brand new bootlid, gonna get el fairmont badges

oh, the car was free as well, includin mags, and new tyres that are on it...

hmmm... let it kill the box, there is a reco box sittin in the floor of the garage, a pretty good box behined mums old motor, a t5 and a 4 spd... let it die... i got more hehe

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
You can put 6/9's in the rear headrests, if you hack them(the inside of the headrests) up, and they should clear the gas tank.Fairmont ghias didn't have muolds behind the whell rear wheel arches, but e.s.p.'s did. The last set of e.s.p. moulds I saw for sale went for $800 (new old stock), ford ran out of most of their moulds for xd-f's in the mid nintys, and none of the aftermarket ones are even close.

I sold my xe ghia a couple of months ago, it owed me $1100 with 12 months reg and rwc, and converted to a 351 (proper black blocked electronic ingnition motor), I got $4500 for it.

P.S. do you want to buy some rear ghia headrests? I've got a pair.

·
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive got a pair, but the standard speakers that were in them hit the gas tank, so does the 3rd bolt at the back of them....

hmmm.... looks l am gonna get some orange paint...

lookin at my mates esp, the moulds are like the fairmont ones i got, not the ghia, ghia are bigger, and go over the indent thingy esp dont, looks like ill be payin his car a visit with a screw driver, hehe... cant do that to him

i konw fairmonts gear in oakliegh used to have the orange stripes, 330 bux for front and rear bars only...

anyone with an esp can take a close up pic of the stripes? PLEASE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts