Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I’m 17 and I own a 2017 Mustang Ecoboost premium with pp and I had a few questions because I just wanted to clear some things up (I am new the the site so I’m hoping I’m asking in the right place and doing this correctly). 1. My car lags or hesitates when going into and out of reverse, I don’t think it does it when in any other drive mode (at least not that I’ve noticed). I’m sure it’s not a problem but just wanted to ask. 2. Why does it kind of jolt when in manual mode in low first gear. So when I’m in sport mode and using my paddle shifters often times when I’m coming to a stop and I’m in first gear, right around the 2,000 to 1,500 rpm range my car kind of jolts. Kinda like if the clutch slipped (I’ve never driven stick but I would describe the feeling as if I pressed the clutch, let it roll while keeping rpm’s then disengaging it causing it to jolt toward again). That’s all, thanks for reading through this all and thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
2,216 Posts
I have a '17 5.0. I use manual and sport mode on tight mountain roads and often get a slight "jolt" at lower RPM's. This has happened since the car was new and it still runs as new, so I don't think you have a problem. You might be feeling a slight driveline lash or, depending on speed (coming to a stop) the torque converter locking/unlocking. BTW, despite what the owner's manual says, I changed my trans fluid at around 40,000 miles. Enjoy your Mustang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a '17 5.0. I use manual and sport mode on tight mountain roads and often get a slight "jolt" at lower RPM's. This has happened since the car was new and it still runs as new, so I don't think you have a problem. You might be feeling a slight driveline lash or, depending on speed (coming to a stop) the torque converter locking/unlocking. BTW, despite what the owner's manual says, I changed my trans fluid at around 40,000 miles. Enjoy your Mustang.
Thanks mate, I’ll look into it. And I’ve been enjoying it since the beginning of this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts