Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.
194 Posts
Ford must hate America, because they seem to do everything right for the Aussies, then screw us over with FWD pos's...

·
Registered
14 Posts
could someone shed some light for me and inform me what kind of car that is, im not big on cars that haven't come to the states.

·
Registered
198 Posts
probe_se said:
could someone shed some light for me and inform me what kind of car that is, im not big on cars that haven't come to the states.
They call it a falcon,,or i think XR8...basically its a bad ass Taurus

Q

·
0 Posts
I love XR8's! I wish they'd make 'em over here in the states! I've never seen a pic of the engine before. The intake manifold looks identical to the piece used in the 5.0 Explorers. Anyone know what kind of horsepower that Falcon makes?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, that car belongs to a member of this board. His name is Rob, hes from the Aussie group and his name on here is Xlr8. Say hi if you venture over there. I posted some pics of my car in the showroom over there. Happy hunting.

B

·
0 Posts

·
One Winged Angel
64 Posts
Wow!! I like it a lot!!! Is that like an SHO replacement?? I really like the engine.:hy:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hi Guys,

I usually live on the Australia section of Ford forums Yeah i know XLR8, went on some cruises with him and a few others.

His car is an AU2 Falcon XR8 powered by a Windsor 302. Latest encarnation of the Xr8 now has 290hp's. Very very nice car.
:s2: :s2:

Yeah as for me i drive a 1994 EF Falcon Station Wagon
(Estate basically). It's rear drive and 5 speed. Power comes from a 4.0L (250cu) inline 6. Stock form making 210hp but mines got abit more than that.
Defintly want an XR8 in the future.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
And here's the previous model to Rob (XLR8's) shown above.. his is an AU2, 2000 build. Mine is the previous series, and a different shape (obviously!), model designation EL.

You likes? :cheer:

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
Merlin said:

They call it a falcon,,or i think XR8...basically its a bad ass Taurus
Not quite! Ain't based on the Taurus platform at all. It's RWD and entirely Australian, save for the Windsor under the hood (which Tickford rebuilds by hand anyway). Plus, each of the AU2 Falcon XR8 engines are hand signed by the guy who handbuilt it!

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
what about that car in europe.. a mangusta or something to that effect.. it has a dohc 4.6 cobra motor.. i wouldnt mind having it.. :s6:

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
I believe an UnF is in order!

XR8 = something I would KILL to have:) Sweet Cars:hy:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts