Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Escape that had a misfire code for cylinder 5 (and a random misfire code). First thing I did was change the spark plugs and move the #5 coil to #6 -- when I started it, the misfire on 5 was gone -- but 4 and 6 were misfiring! So I put in all new coils, still misfiring on 4 and 6. I tested the coil connectors with Noid lights and they are all firing correctly. I cleaned and tested the injectors, I tested the injector connectors with the Noid lights - no problems there. The wiring doesn't seem to be a problem or the noid lights would show it. I checked the compression - 210 on 4 and 5, 190 on #6 -- compression doesnt' appear to be a problem. I'm stumped: good compression, new coils, new plugs, working injectors, wiring checks out -- what else could I look at??

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be a small leak in the intake manifold, what did the old plugs look like?
I took off the intake manifold, couldn't see any cracks and I put it back on with new gaskets. The old spark plugs looked fairly new. I just got the car and it looks like someone probably changed them recently. Do you think a bad pcv valve could cause that? I'm checking that tomorrow (it's just a pain to get to)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.