Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed there are alot of you guys on here which is cool! But I have a question! I have always been interested in visiting either New Zealand, or Australia on a vacation, or both. I just don't really know where some good places would be to visit because I know Australia is very large. I have always wanted to see Melbourne or Syndey. But I've also wanted to explore the "outback" some. Also, New Zealand looks like alot of fun too! If you guys had to go on a vacation in your own land, what would be your best choices to visit? (Vacation is in the future plans)

Thanks,
Marc

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
For touristy type stuff you shouldn't miss Sydney or Melbourne. Other places of interest could be Tasmania, Brisbane/Gold Coast or Cairns. Personally I wouldn't miss Tassie 'cause it's a fantastic place for a "driving" holiday. Great tourist stuff and magnificent scenery. :D

As for the outback, try Alice springs in the Nthrn Territory. Never been there myself but it's meant to be brilliant. Same with Broome in the far north of Western Australia..

Hope this helps... :thumbup:

P

·
0 Posts
Ford Man said:
Personally I wouldn't miss Tassie 'cause it's a fantastic place for a "driving" holiday. Great tourist stuff and magnificent scenery. :D
Vulcan dont even try to drive there! They got the steering wheel on the wrong side... You people are WEIRD! :rolleyes::?: :WH: J/K

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
ProbeBandit said:
You people are WEIRD! :rolleyes::?: :WH: J/K
That's OK... We feel the same way about you guys!!... :D :D :thumbup:

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
Vulcan Power:In New Zealand there is plenty of scenery and depends on time of year and what you are into.Winter there is ski'ing in central North Island and many parts of South Island. Summer there are beaches in North Island that are excellent.Queenstown in SouthIsland is excellent tourist spot with most things well catred for:Jetboating,bungy jumping off very high bridges into gorges,helicopters,parachuting ski'ing in lakes or on mountains pretty much all sorts of outdoorsy things.In the North there is Rotorua with geysers, boiling mud and a number of outdoorsy stuff again like Queenstown.Further up north is Bay of Islands,Paihia with Fishing ,diving and boating stuff.In NZ it's normally outdoor stuff the tourists come for our cities are kinda small compared to other countries.Tell us what your into.

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
Ford Man: I've got a brother in law in Broome. Works on oyster boats up there. He reckon's it's nice .Pretty quiet i think but beautiful.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
My mum's been up there and she said it was magnifecent. Crystal clear water (with fantastic fishing!!) and the weather is meant to be sunsational.. :D

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, it sounds like I want to be everywhere, but I don't know if that's possible on one vacation. New Zealand sounds really nice. I am the outdoorsy type being from Alaska. But then again I like to visit REALLY BIG cities once in a while too since there arent any around here except Anchorage which is only about 250,000 people. So basically I would like to maybe mix it up a little in both countries.

And if they would allow it I would like to rent a FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOO! I would just have to get used to driving on the other side. I would rather not go around with other people on a tour, that takes away the fun of it.

Thanks for the tips, now I want to go even more. It has always been a dream of my family.

Fosters: It's what's for dinner.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Vulcan Power said:
Fosters: It's what's for dinner.
:eek: You're kidding!!.. That stuff tastes like cats piss!! :eek:
Carlton Draught is the beer of choice!!.. :D

·
Administrator
5,119 Posts
Vulcan Power:the flights between New Zealand and Australia are pretty cheap and getting cheaper so you may be able to take it all pretty easily.You will have no probs renting Falcons.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:

:eek: You're kidding!!.. That stuff tastes like cats piss!! :eek:
Carlton Draught is the beer of choice!!.. :D
BAH! Who drinks beer, go the Bundy Rum! that was the drink of choice before I gave it up.

Remember it's nothing more than a 1/2 price sale for you guys when you get over here, due to the value of what we like to call a "dollar" :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Haven't you heard we are the green state. Solar is all we have. ;) ;) ;) :p
But we welcome all visitor with welcome arms we are so friendly. Don't take any notice of our two heads though, you will get used to it:cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
And don't forget the Aussie dollar compared to the green back. You might need a crash coarse in our language. Before being allowed on public transport you have to sign the Austarlian national anthem. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi and so on;)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Yeah Marc , study their language first. Remember "mate" down there means friend, while in the states it means "spouse". :)
I thought Fosters was Australian for beer ? :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Bastard has about 14 different meanings too. :wink2:

Fosters... I'd rather drink Budweiser. Now that's a crap beer!! j/k :D :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts