Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reluctantly, as the title says... I have a full set of 5 rims from an AU Fairmont Ghia, four with meaty 225/50 R16 Yokohama S309 tyres (the spare has a new Goodyear Eagle GA II) for sale. All in excellent cond.

You don't find these being sold very often. One of the nicest looking rims every to carry a Ford IMO... I fact I'd love to keep them but it's a trade off for other mods.

$1,200

Will deliver to anywhere in or near Brisbane. I don't want to send interstate.

·
Registered
456 Posts
How about a pic ??

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
LOL LOL.

these arent rare at all.

the local ford wreckers sells em for 500 with almost new tyres mate

there fitted to shitloads of AU's
my olds AU2 Fairmont has em. as do most series 3 futuras.

only difference is the lack of the ghia badge

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
yep very standard looking wheel.

by the way, if they are already on there, but you want the money for other mods, you will no doubt have to stick new wheels on, costing more money, hence I dont see it as being a regretable sale?? You would only be replacing them with better ones wont you??

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not mean, just telling the truth. those wheels are no way rare, just crap, if you can get $450-500 and take the money and run like hell.

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
Ford really needs to look at its wheel designer, then shoot him.
:p
truer words were never spoken... they usually use ROH or the like... but even the goods ones are quite average compared to aftermarket.. i.e au2 xr8 or ba xr, both nice factory wheels, but compared to aftermarket, at similar or cheaper prices, they are very boring.

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, thanks for your frank replies guys.

We actually tried many of the likely wreckers and tyre places around Brissy to see how many were about and what they sold for... couldn't find anyone who had them or new someone who had them. A couple of the tyre place recommended an asking price 'bout $1k.

In any case, I sold them ($950) and they're now lookin' pretty on a dual axel boat trailer. LOL

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
Yes they have pulled off a couple of good ones over the years but not as many as Holden, they need to bring some of their wheels out in different offsets, and sizes.

the problem with changing off sets is that it makes it harder to fit after market wheels, i.e. holden wont fit ford, au wont fit ea etc...

AUGhiaV8 said:
We actually tried many of the likely wreckers and tyre places around Brissy to see how many were about and what they sold for... couldn't find anyone who had them or new someone who had them. A couple of the tyre place recommended an asking price 'bout $1k.

In any case, I sold them ($950) and they're now lookin' pretty on a dual axel boat trailer. LOL

they would usually only be at a wreckers if the car has been written off.. the au isnt to old yet, hence to many wouldnt be written off, doesnt make them rare.

great score on the money though! run!! lol sounds like my uncle, he put his $3000 mags from his ss on his boat trailer when he upgraded... silly

·
Experimental Racer#6
8,192 Posts
Young gun i meant make some of their newer wheels in the Pre AU offset, they would sell no probs, say 1000 sets.
I hate that Ford changed the offset, as when i sw AUI XR 17" rims i fell in love, then my heart was broken.

I am also glad the wheel makers have started making Ford copies to fit fords only, and Commy copies to fit commies only.
12 Slotters on a HQ, thats sh*t.

·
oh no! I've gone ford mad
134 Posts
I saw those wheels on ebay for 300 bucks.. couldn't sell them... go figure

Craig

1 - 17 of 17 Posts