Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...factory alarm for an AU2 to be specific :)

Has anybody got wiring specs, pinouts, wire colour codes or something like that for the factory alarm?

I'm trying to find out if the alarm has an 'armed output' (and which pin it is) - ie. a pin/wire which puts out a constant 12v when armed but 0v otherwise (or thereabouts). It doesn't have to be an 'official' armed output signal - just anything which behaves in the way I described, like a 12v out to a N.O. trigger - like the bonnet switch is (only prob is the bonnet switch wire is 12v even when the alarm is disarmed).

I tried to backprobe the pins on the control module, but I can only get to a few of 'em due to the bloddy tight position it's in and it doesn't seem real easy to pull out :fraz:

So if anybody knows, or even has an alarm lying around in the shed or something they could test for me or whatever, any info. would be much apriciated.

Thanks.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Try the door lock wires, when open the close wires are not armed, and when dorrs are closed they are armed and trace from there.

Jason

·
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason,

I actually found that already (the door lock signal was one of the few pins I could reach :) - trouble is, when doors are closed, the signal's active, whether the alarm is armed or not - this is okay, so I may end up doing this but ideally I'm after a signal which is only present when the alarm is armed, regardless of doors opend/closed, ignition on/off etc.

Steve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts