Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after reading about others experiences for the last 3 mths I can now experience it all for myself......one harvest green XR8 picked up yesterday.

The smile is only getting bigger!!

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions and to all the useful information and ideas on the forum in general. This forum was invaluable in helping choose car and options......

Thanks All. :clap:

·
Banned
363 Posts
Mr_XR said:
Well after reading about others experiences for the last 3 mths I can now experience it all for myself......one harvest green XR8 picked up yesterday.

The smile is only getting bigger!!

Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions and to all the useful information and ideas on the forum in general. This forum was invaluable in helping choose car and options......

Thanks All. :clap:
Congratulations Mr_XR. I got your email, but you have email disabled in your profile so I cannot send you anything back. Can you email again with your email address, or enable it in your profile

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
conmgrats mate... were all very envoius of u... let us know how ya go with it!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Mr_XR Congratulations enjoy your new beast, how about a picture of your new ride...
dont know if i have seen a green one yet....

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
HAHA aint it sweet, my utes got about 400 kays on it now an i reckon i had a woody the whole time!!

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Congrats. I know the feeling well, though I just went and ordered one as soon as I could, no need for a test drive even. I've wanted one since they before they were released. And pics are a must!

Vic

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pic's are coming.....will take some this week. The bonnet is not the only place with a bulge.... i hope this feeling never wears off....

Got a coupla ideas...not sure what to do though
1. Lower
2. Exhaust
3. Leave Stock

Any ideas or experiences??

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Well, I lowered mine, King springs and am very happy with it. I took the rear muffler out and it does sound better. Much more like a V8 Supercar now. I'll let it bed in for a bit longer and see what I think. I didn't mind the stock sound too much, but it was a tad quiet.

I also got new dba slotted rotors all round along with Ferodo Formula pads.

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Me again. I have kept my rear muffler in case I want to put it back at a later date.

Got the springs and rotors/pads too, but only cause they are almost brand new, don't want to put them back!!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
nice pics how often to you take it on gravel roads ???
not good for your paint...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The photos are taken about 2m off the sealed road here, was driving home from work past the beach and remembered i had the digital camera, stopped for a quick photo....my wife (a semi-pro photographer) has promised to take some nice ones for me soon, I'm not holding my breathe, I think she's jealous!!

Thanks for the kind words.....more photos and vid's after the next track day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts