Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
EFXR8 Series 2
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well where do i start.I have a 10/95 EF11 XR8 Manual.
Problem 1: Ive recently had the motor rebuilt after doing a timing case cover and having a pin hole leak in the water pump backing. Which also led to both head gasket being blown also. So after spending 4 grand t have the engine rebuilt and heads relieved the engine how has a stalling problem. No vac leaks and all lines were placed in proper places. Not sure what the issue is but when its at operating temp the idle issue dissapears.
Problem 2: When driving to Melb from Sydney i got to Albury Wadonga and did a front left wheel bearing. Long story short after being ripped off by a towie and paying $160 bucks to get towed to Wangarratta i was dropped off at repco to do the repairs myself. The inner race on rear bearing was welded to the stub axle and the bearing had collapsed. But after replacing the bearing and cleaned the stub axle and well greased the bearing i now have a issue where the ABS kicks in as the wheel now comes to a stop but not at speed. It actually drops the pedal and starts to shake and make weird noises.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check that the temp sender hasn't been damaged and/or it is working within its range (ohms readings hot to cold)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts