Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys need help to find the AC Drain on my BA, the floor pan is filling with water, haven't lost any from radiator reservoir, so guess it's blocked drain fingers crossed, any help much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
20,334 Posts
Possibly the front plenum, just in front of the windscreen blocked and needing cleaning ? ( IF THIS APPLIES TO YOUR CAR ) Came across this

" I think the drain on the of BAs is above the transmission somewhere. May be hard to get to. "

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly the front plenum, just in front of the windscreen blocked and needing cleaning ? ( IF THIS APPLIES TO YOUR CAR ) Came across this

" I think the drain on the of BAs is above the transmission somewhere. May be hard to get to. "
Thanks mate, someone mentioned it being in the tranny tunnel, but I thought why would you put a drain somewhere where there is no access to, seemed a bit silly to me, but by what you have said confirms to me that it is in there. Once again many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
The condensate drain for the aircon is located in the floor, immediately above the gearbox, towards the transmission bellhousing. It is harder to get to than on the earlier models as it sits flush with the floor and you either have to put the car on ramps, put it on axle stands or raise it on a car lift to get at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The condensate drain for the aircon is located in the floor, immediately above the gearbox, towards the transmission bellhousing. It is harder to get to than on the earlier models as it sits flush with the floor and you either have to put the car on ramps, put it on axle stands or raise it on a car lift to get at it.
Thanks Aussie blue, I was hoping it was an easy accessible place to get to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts