Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all. I want to fit a set of accessory guages to my EL, but I don't know where to put them (be polite now!!!) as there doesn't seem to be a nice easy spot on the dash to fix them to, unlike other cars such as the XD's etc. I guess that others have fitted guages, and I was wondering where they were placed. Photos would be nice for suggestions if anyone has any.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
On the A-Pillar on the drives side, custom pod holders is the go.

What gauges are you planning and what size diamter are they.

Jason

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Depends whether you want to cut holes in your dash, or perhaps could put one in the section where the trip computer goes if its a GLi, depends on size of gauge.

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
in front of the screen ;)

some one had to say it

or as i have seen some wankers, at the front of the bonnet???/ he had a monster tacho just behined the headlight

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
hmmmm.... now i gotta tihnk where im gonna mount 5" monster tacho's on XE falcons....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen other cars with the guages mounted on the A pillar. I don't want to cut holes in the dash if I can help it. Just normal dia gauges, nothing big. Interesting that you got a defect notice, getting there, I wonder if one could complain to the suppliers or the manufacturers of the gauge pods? I would be too worried to place the gauges outside, i don't know how they get away with out getting them damaged,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts