Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh GOD please no....

Early this morning, at 4:20am, I was in my deep slumbler sleep when I was abruptly awoken by a loud smash. Being pretty much acustomed to car crashes happening along St Kilda Rd in the middle of the night, I knew right away that another accident must have occured. Except this time, it was pretty loud. So curious as I always am, I climbed out of bed, wandered to my apartment balcony and peered over the rails....HOT DAMN!!! An AU XR Ute!!!! F-A-R-K me!!!!! The driver must have fallen asleep at the wheel, smacked onto the arse end of a parked Toyota Celica, sending it veering off onto the walkway and at the same time clipping the left arse end of anotehr parked vehicle ahead. What caught me by suprise was that there was anotehr accident on the opposite side of the road....

It's really sad and I sure hope the driver of the Ute is not hurt.

Even though it was 4:20 in the morning, I did not forget to grab my digital camera and take a quick shot of the accident.

So please guys, whatever the cause of this accident is:
Please don't drink and drive...and when sleepy, take a 5 minute powernap.

Attachments

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
why is it that the supra (not celica - not having a shot btw) apears to have no damage, while the front of the AU or BA ute is ****ed???.

is it hit on the side we cant see???

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
I think the white car might actually be a Toyota Supra.

But damn, that must've been some impact. Bet the ute driver woke up quick smart at that point. Still, with some Scratch-X I'm sure it'll buff right out.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Just thinking about it, that point where sleep takes control while your driving is not as easy to identify as you think.

averaging 60,000k pa and alot of country roads, I still cannot pick that point and have found myself many a time close to sleep at the wheel.

Yes i do stop every 2 hours, and powernaps do make a difference

·
Registered
371 Posts
Geez, that ute hit pretty hard.

Hope the driver came out of it OK.

That must have made a hell of a racket, no wonder you were woken!

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, it must have been a Supra...can't tell thesedays so many Celicas have kits that make them look like Supras. The cops were pretty quick to get to the scene, seeing that I live just 3 blocks away from the St Kilda Police Station.

Not forgetting the fact that they were already responding to another accident across the street (which I couldn't see as my view was blocked by trees). The driver looked pretty alright. By the time the ambulance came, I was back on my bed in Z-land.

It's an AU XR Ute btw. And yes, the front end is all smashed up. As for the Supra, I couldn't really tell where the damage was. But if you looked closer, concentrate on the right side of the arse end, looks like its all bent inwards!!!

·
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI, the white supra was previously parked at the spot now taken up by the Ute and the entire roadside was lined up with cars. I seriously can't imagine how in the world the Ute driver hit that Supra sending it off onto the walkway.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Looking at that photo and the absence of skid marks as well as bugger all damage to the Supra, I reckon there is another car invloved - perhaps it is under the front of the ute? Seriously, though, surely there has to be another car involved, the Supra can't be that tough!

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
back on topic

That must have taken one hell of a hit! Hotdbz, you implied that you get quite a few accidents near your home... what about the road is so unforgiving?

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
!Gn|T|0n said:
back on topic

That must have taken one hell of a hit! Hotdbz, you implied that you get quite a few accidents near your home... what about the road is so unforgiving?
St Kilda road is a long divided road almost ni the heart of melbourne - i'd presume you get a lot of street racers there at night, or people that work late shifts would use it to go home or..... or......

just one of those things i think

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
What about the picture you took with your digital camera,lets see it.

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
HOTDBZ said:
I seriously can't imagine how in the world the Ute driver hit that Supra sending it off onto the walkway.
Ute owner to Supra owner: "You stole my parking space bish!"

/offtopic

·
Registered
774 Posts
Chances are if there was an accident being attended to on the other side of the road, the driver of the AU might have been looking at the accident and not the road in front. Lack of attention. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
Atleast that's what my money is on.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
its off to the wreckers we go!!! lol, wonder if its a 200kw jobbie? might be a good engine to buy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts