Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting some super low or super super low king springs on my AUII XR8 but I'm a little worried about drivability. Don't get me wrong, I want to slam it as much as I can but I've got some steepish inclines in my parking garage at my apartments and don't want to do any damage.

Can anyone who has them tell me their experiences?

·
Registered
917 Posts
ctoafn said:
I'm looking at putting some super low or super super low king springs on my AUII XR8 but I'm a little worried about drivability. Don't get me wrong, I want to slam it as much as I can but I've got some steepish inclines in my parking garage at my apartments and don't want to do any damage.

Can anyone who has them tell me their experiences?
55 mm drop in an El means speed bumps can be problematic but otherwise they dont even look like there is any lowering , I do run 225 x 15" and 255x15and that can make some difference if you go to a lower 16"

·
Registered
9 Posts
My AUII ute was seriously lowered by Neville Weir in Feilding NZ (excellent work, I recommend him highly) and then bodywork incl a low front spoiler superbly designed and fitted by Craig Howser in Hamilton also NZ.

I need to be careful in and out of driveways (I always exit and enter slow and at an angle) and go very slow indeed over speed bumps; but it remains very driveable and with a set of Goodyear Eagle F1s sticks like glue to the road, wet or dry.

If you get it done I think you'll like it, just need to remember at all times you've got a lot less clearance than you used to!

Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi i have a series 1 au with super low springs and it pretty much never scrapes. i was worried about going lower 4 that reason. now im regreting not getting super super low.

·
Got my 3.45 LSD!
214 Posts
buy and get coil-overs fitted. they allow u to adjust, ride height, camber, castor, dampening and rebound if u get a good brand. so if u r worried that the car is to low or not low enough, then adjust it urself. if u get conventional lowering springs and shocks fitted could cost u from anywere between $700 to $1000, while a coil-over set up may cost $1500+, but with coil-overs, they r more suited for circuit, drag, and drifting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts