Votes: 3 18.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it time to add some more basic forums to this area? Nothing huge, but some more forums while keeping it simple!!?!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
YES PLEASE

I just cannot keep up with the number of posts!!!!

ie
Engine Mods
Gossip

How about a section we can upload images larger than your current limit, or some wav files!!!!!

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I agree, with the rate this site is growing (and with the search not working) it will become very difficult to find particular points of interest.

NSW Tickford Owners lay out is good, Technical Section; General Discussion, etc...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
TeeHee said:
NSW Tickford Owners lay out is good, Technical Section; General Discussion, etc...
Yep I agree!

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I'm not sure as to how wise it would be to split it up into seperate sections. This is why people wanted the original sections combined into one Forum when this area originally started, although if people think it will be better that way, it could be tried again I guess.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I see pluses and minuses either way.

Here's an idea - how about a separate forum for DKs signature. It's long enough...... :rolleyes:

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aussie Pete said:

Here's an idea - how about a separate forum for DKs signature. It's long enough...... :rolleyes:

GOOD ONE! Ha ha ha ha ha ha

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The folks here in the beginning wanted as it is now caus you were a small group and it would be easy to keep up with posts. So far the ones tha have replied say what I was feeling, add more forums. So far the majority wants to add forums. Throw out some forum topics that would work.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yep I'd like to see some very minor categorization happening, something like :
* Technical
* General Discussion
* Trips, Tours, Meets
* For Sale (as currently)
* Members pics (as currently)

Marqman - I've been wondering, how hard would it be to create / extend the user profile to include a whole page on the user's car? ie. in the user settings, there would be an additional form with a list of specs to fill in, and a file uploading mechanism for a shot of the car (like for avatars). So after saving this info, it could be pulled out from your database or wherever it's gone and simply dumped into an HTML template (or something similiar and generic). This would be a much tidier and aesthetically pleasing way to view cars and car specs IMHO :thumbup:

Shouldn't be too hard for a guru such as yourself in PHP ;) :D

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
""Shouldn't be too hard for a guru such as yourself in PHP""

Most of the work setting up the forums is all done through a control panel, jsut plug in the info and it sets it up for you. Any other stuff beyond that is Johns work!

·
Registered
453 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Yep I'd like to see some very minor categorization happening, something like :
* Technical

I agree with el2xr8, a technical forum would be handy to share info and advice on problems and mods etc we have done and experienced. It would also keep it seperate so we can more easily find things (until the search facility is up and running again anyway). This aussie site is getting bigger than ben hur:nuts:
Engine mods is another great idea for a seperate forum (maybe I6 and V8) as laminge says

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is what we have so far and based on the Poll results so far we should go ahead with this expansion.

Engine/Mods/Tech/I6-V8 type of section.......
Gossip/General Discussion area.........
Trips/Torus/Meets........
For Sale which we have already........
Member Pics which we have already......
Once the new section is set up I will leave it to the MODS in your area to move the threads around from the area we have now to the new ones if you want it that way.
As you can see I set up a few new areas based on your posts. This does not have to be the way it can be set up but thought it would be a start. It is your guys call if you want the Tech area broke down more, like forums for I6 or V8. I figured that the current Tech forum would be enuff. Keeping it in simple form while expanding a little bit to make it a little more easy on you guys.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

BAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:

BAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Then we can create one for Pritesh's useless posts and or huge smileys :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
DONUT KING said:

Then we can create one for Pritesh's useless posts and or huge smileys :rolleyes:

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :fmad:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.