Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to make two points.
1. Just incase you did'nt know, advertising for the 220kW falcon is under full swing in NZ, HUGE magazine spreads, radio ad's etc.:cool:

2. WTF is with that Rodeo add??!!:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: I mean how stupid is that????
I'm surprised no one has mentioned before. How many races has Murphy won this season any way!!!!!!!!
The ad is stupid, but it use a V8supercar to glorify another piece of crap (Holden Rodeo)
And they're not even street legal!!!
And Murphy, HOW MUCH OF A FAG IS HE IN THAT AD!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I haven't seen that rodeo ad so It must be only a Ford NZ promotion.......

There is also plenty of 220Kw XR 8 advertisments going on but during the V8 supercar telecasts all we seem to get is some ad for Mitsubishi, or the "V8 Symphony" ad for HSV :(

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
DONUT KING said:

There is also plenty of 220Kw XR 8 advertisments going on but during the V8 supercar telecasts all we seem to get is some ad for Mitsubishi, or the "V8 Symphony" ad for HSV :(
How's that eh! must be the different areas we're in as the ONLY time I seem to see the XR is DURING the V8 Supercar telecast.
Go figure?:rolleyes:
Russell.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
I haven't seen many XR8 ads at all, the only TV advertising I see for it is during the V8 Supercars coverage and even then that ad doesn't let on to the fact that it is 220Kw.

I think all of Holden NZ's ads are crap, they're boring and exciting as grass.

I think Ford NZ still needs to get it's act together regarding its TV advertising, because they will need to if they really want to No 1. this year.
It's about time Mazda was told to piss off with its ads on TV3 - they're crap and horrible to look at, plus Ford should be showing ads for the Fairmont Ghia, Mondeo, Laser and Escape and when I mean show, I mean consistantly. They also need to be advertising more of that ad that shows the Ford range which I thought was bloody good, I saw it the other night although at the pathetic time 11.50pm or thereabouts though thought it should be on more often.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
I'd like to make two points.
1. Just incase you did'nt know, advertising for the 220kW falcon is under full swing in NZ, HUGE magazine spreads, radio ad's etc.:cool:
Yeah, that's not surprising. I mean, even though Ford has been historially above Holden in NZ, you'd be surprised how many Kiwis choose the SS purely from a kW point of view. But now they're matched kWs, Ford NZ are now smiling from ear to ear (they've wanted Ford Aus. to do something like this for ages!!!).

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
J-type said:
They also need to be advertising more of that ad that shows the Ford range which I though was bloody good
Here, here.. That was a ripper of an ad and where is it? In the round file no doubt.. :(

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
DONUT KING said:

In the recent Motor Mag, in the letters sections, reference is made to the "V8 symphony" ad, the writer quite rightly points out that he has never heard a HSV sound like the ad. How true, false advertising I reckon!!!. When ever I see an un modified HSV, all I hear is a quiet burble, hopeless!!. I still reckon Ford have to use that incredible V8 windsor sound in their ads, even if it's only to satisfy my yearning for V8 nirvana.

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
TeeHee said:

In the recent Motor Mag, in the letters sections, reference is made to the "V8 symphony" ad, the writer quite rightly points out that he has never heard a HSV sound like the ad. How true, false advertising I reckon!!!. When ever I see an un modified HSV, all I hear is a quiet burble, hopeless!!. I still reckon Ford have to use that incredible V8 windsor sound in their ads, even if it's only to satisfy my yearning for V8 nirvana.
Closest HSV I've heard the V8 Symphony was a GTS with no exhaust in the HSV factory.

I have heard LS1's sound like the ad though, one of the guys on LS1, his twin 2.5in system sounds exactly the same, but it's not standard on an HSV

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Brendan said:

Closest HSV I've heard the V8 Symphony was a GTS with no exhaust in the HSV factory.

I have heard LS1's sound like the ad though, one of the guys on LS1, his twin 2.5in system sounds exactly the same, but it's not standard on an HSV
Won't be as good as my twin 2.5 system for noise:D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I see that I've made a mistake about the Murphey ad.
I saw it on TV last night, and realised the Rodeo had a NZ numberplate, and Murphey is a kiwi and spends his time here too, there fore it is kiwi only ad. For all the aussies, heres a detailed description..

A Rodeo is stoped at the lights, few seconds later Murpheys K-Mart Supercar (V8 rumbling) pulls up beside the Rodeo (The car may have been shiped from Aus to this promo, It looks exactly like the real thing with NO flaws:( ) Then Murphey (In a Holden Tee) Starts having a chat with the owner (while lights are red) and he raves on about stupid stuff like it has 120 kW and two airbags, how cool the car is and how lucky the owner is, crap like that, While the driver of the Rodeo is not suprised at all:rolleyes: . Then, The lights go green, the V8Supercar roars off, and the Rodeo driver's friend (in the passangers seat) says " You must get that a lot " the Rodeo driver replies " Yeah, you get used to it "
HOW PHUCKEN STUPID??!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My Brother (having Holden run through his viens) loves the ad and say's that FMC is too stupid to come up with "cool" ads like that.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What to the Kiwi's around think of it??

As for the V8 symphony, I must admit, IT'S BLOODY AWESOME.
EVEN I TURN UP THE VOLUME WHEN IT'S ON!
:(
Even though the ad only comes on durring the the V8'S:rolleyes:
Ford basically own Shell Helix Motorsport (TV1) , The advertising is great, and with all that stuff.. BROUGHT TO YOU LIVE, BY FORD NZ:D :D :D - not only that, they're giving away a SE XR8, with hotlaps durring bathurst and is great PR for FMC NZ (and Aus).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts