Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Now boostless :-(
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night had a bit of a falling out with a mate (ex mate now i guess) of mine, and when i returned to pick up my car in the morning it had been keyed all down both sides and on the boot (quite badly). I'm 99.9% sure it was my mate that did it. Unfortunately there's probably no way i can prove it, but naturally i want to make him pay for the repairs. What would you guys do in this situation? (besides taking to him with a baseball bat - which has crossed my mind!) Thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bad situation dude, bad coz you'll probably have to take him to court for the dollars.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Well i guess the two of you have mates that ya both know, so let them know what he did if he wont pay up. I doubt he would like everyone of his other mates knowing how much of a wanker he is if he won't pay up.

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
Call the police, they'll go and question him.

·
I want my brothers car.
258 Posts
You gotta do it back to him...its the only solution

you must have done something pretty bad for him to get that upset??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to him w a baseball bat i once knee caped a guy for a mark on me car and if theres one thing that pisses me of more its when **** wits key cars and what makes this worse for you is that he is a mate but no mate is worth that I would **** him over SORRY IF I SEEM A LITTLE OVERBORED but thats called for do you agree?

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Police wouldnt be able to do anything as he was not caught in the act, you could still try, but from what it sounds like, its only legally a hunch that this guy is responsible. It needs to be beyond reasonable doubt, which it certainly appears not to be.

As for the knee capping suggestion :doh:, I can see it now - you get nicked for assault and battery. If you must do something in revenge, dont get caught. You'll probably only esculate the situation too.

·
Registered
774 Posts
-Firstly file a police report.
-As you have no proof it will all come down to your word against his, unless he has a criminal record, outstanding warrants etc your word and his word are of equal liberty, without evidence there isn't a lot you can do.
-A few things you can do (aside from the unrealistic, hiring of an criminial investigator to go over the car for prints)
If you both have the same mates, get on the phone and let them know what happened and that you think it was him, tell your mates to try and set him up with a confession (like, gee we hate NAPARM (sorry mate dont know your name) but you get the drift) if he's stupid enough to key someones car he might be stupid enough to admit to it, a few dozen beers may also help the cause.... Bloody low lifes...

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
running him over wouldnt work as that'd damage the car more than it already is, plus he needs to get the car fixed.
im for the "get him pissed and trick him into confessing" idea.

and yes Ambrose_1, we get judge judy here too....... she's quite a bitch haha

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
this is a hard one, but i honestly think the police need to be notified... see where you can go from there... best of luck, u'll need it!

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
confront him about it and try and get it on tape (recording) thats the only way you will get him to fix it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ask him first if he did it. If he says yes, eye for an eye plus more or whatever.

If he says no i didn't file a police report, tell all his mates that are yours as well about the circumstantial evidence you have and also ask anyone if they saw what happened and just see what happens.

P.S What a ****ing little bitch to key your car. Lucky you found out how much of a dickhead he was after you were no longer his friend. Possible just move on and leave him to his little c unt-worthy-ness

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
hmmmm if your sure he did it pin his sorry ass to something and make him admit it.
If he does admit it pummel the crap out of him and then once he's down don't do anything utterly gutless like kick him the head.
Pull his finger nails with a pair of plyres...........

By the way Dave_AU while for criminal charges he would require beyond all reasonable doubt in civil charges (the only one thats worth while in this case) it's only balance of probabilty. If you can prove to a judge that it's more likly he messed up the car then not he'll have to pay for it.

However in my experience courts are a time wasting and money wasting (while interesting) approch. Unfortunatly violence is your best answer.

You could just spend $50 on a writ demanding payment (a legal request for money with a set time period) failing that spend $70 for a summons this scares most people in to paying up because if you have to go to court you can inflate your costs (up to $5000 in SA small courts)

Might want to pull up a copy of photoshop and get your mate standing by your car with a smile on his face and a piece of metal in his hand. Send it to him with the writ ;-)

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
I know carazy, I do law too; I didn't bother mentioning the civil case aspect of it as it would be unlikely for the police to become (heavily) involved with a civil trial.

·
EFing Quick!
1,327 Posts
Hitting him with a bat or running him over will just get YOU in trouble. Key his car, brick through the (house or car) window, molotov cocktails and other sneaky stuff should do the trick*.

*I'm not going to condone the above illegal actions.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts