Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
nhanst
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pro's and con's of fitting an aftermarket b.o.v and how will this effect my warranty...?

·
MCHLUV
112 Posts
pro's: better for ur turbo
makes that tchhhhh sound!!! hehe
con's: tchhh sound not desirable at 4 in the morning! by u or the neighbours!

dot think ford will care much, in terms of warrenty! pretty sure it a defect with the cops though!

·
Registered
50 Posts
nhanst said:
What are the pro's and con's of fitting an aftermarket b.o.v and how will this effect my warranty...?

If your ford dealer has Herrod motorsport bits you can fit one of there BOV to your turbo and they are not as loud as the ones on the WRX'S and it wont stuff your warrenty as ours was fitted by the ford dealer and they sound quite good with the 6 speed. Just ring your dealer and ask if it can be done without voiding warrenty over your way.

·
nhanst
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx 4 the advice do you know how much $$$ 4 these...?

·
Registered
50 Posts
nhanst said:
Thanx 4 the advice do you know how much $$$ 4 these...?
From Memory about 300-350 mate but if you go onto the herrodmotorsport site all prices for there products are on there. Buy all means check around at your local performance places and ask you may pick up a cheaper BOV and they may have a turbo there that you can listen too.

·
nhanst
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went on Herrods site and saw nothing about blow off valves, will check with my local ford dealer thanks mate... :hy:

·
MCHLUV
112 Posts
i've never seen a herrod one either,!? i got a turbosmart one for 309!!! it'a a straight swap for the old one! no plummbing kit needed.
didn't take any chances though, my mechanic fit it for free! said it took 15 mins!

·
nhanst
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's it sound like, have you got a part number...??

·
Registered
43 Posts
bigmuff47 said:
arn't they illegal?
As far as I am aware, BOV's themselves are not illegal. They only become illegal when they are vented directly into the atmosphere without first being passed through your engine+exhaust (catallic convertor). Thats what I remember of it. things change from state to state etc so may well be wrong depending on where you live.

·
MCHLUV
112 Posts
well their kinda illegal, u can e defected for them, depending on how much of a pwoer trip the cop is on!

swy no part number, i know it's a new range, think it starts with a t3...... got it from american auto spares in hombush, think it's from the compact series.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mmmmm Herrod BOV, will have to look into it

--

mate who has a sv6 05' said i could just undo a pipe and it would escape out that ( plum back or something )

think ill go get a BOV, seen em on ebay for $200-350 so $300 sounds about right :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts