Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Loco
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a HU which is fairly decent around the $400-$500 (MAX) mark which can be controlled from the buttons on the steering wheel on the AUII?

Want something Visually Sexy and would love it if it could play mp3 CDs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Blaupunkt is the brand. Miami beach is the name of the head unit. retails for $500 but should get it for less now as it is a little dated then it is $70 for an interface to connect it to your steering wheel controls. I found this out by emailing the company.

·
Loco
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you buy a interface to connect it to most HUs?

That Miama beach wasnt listed as mp3 playback according to google.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
STOP!!!!!! goto www.lightningaudio.com been a while but in that site under products and maybe miscelanious there is an interface that allows you to connect almost ANY brand of head unit to your steering wheel AS LONG AS the unit comes with a remote if i remember correctly...maybe they have new ones, not sure. check it out anyway. most models are american but there is ones for aussie cars as i checked this AFTER i spent $900 on a factory CD player in my AU.
hope this helps some

·
Drive it like u stole it
8 Posts
For those of you out there who have Au Falcons and always wanted to change the factory deck but wouldn't do it cause you would lose the steering wheel controls, there is hope.
Just found out that Clarion have an adpator that will allow you to use the factory steering wheel volume controls.
The unit costs around $209.00 and is available from Autobarn and the part numbers are, AU Series 1 - CAPFOR04 and for AU Series 2 - CAPFOR05. Blaupunkt also have a adaptor for around $99.00 as mention before but found most of the decks look quite ugly (no offence to anyone out there with Blaupunkt decks). Anyway guys I hope this can be of some help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts