Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the aftermarket clear indicators on my ED futura from ozeparts.com, and the old headlight lenses look pretty tacky next to these new shiny clear indicators. I've allready tried cleaning them up, although they are alot better, still stick out like a sore thumb. I was wondering if any body had both aftermarket lenses and clear indicators, how they match, and any gripes with the lenses before I fork out 90 odd bucks?

Thanks
Donno

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
do you mean new lenses as in the actual glass of the headlight? never knew you could get it seperate....can you get the lense for EF? my mums lenses are dodgy as, the headlights are practically useless.

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, as in the actual glass. Simple as, just unhook the battery, remove hearlight (only fastened by 4 10mm socks on an ED, ef/el i'd say would be different), use a slot head screw driver to leaver off the lense retaining clips, pull the old lense off, be careful of rubber seal, it sticks to the lense, use a knife to remove, simply sit new lense over seal and put clips back on then put back in headlight. Bob's your Uncle. Its easy as, I'm 18 with limited mechanical experience, and I just read the Greggory's book.

Donno

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Good on ya way to go...
Good to hear young blokes doing there own stuff and learning....

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ebxr8240 said:
Good on ya way to go...
Good to hear young blokes doing there own stuff and learning....
Still though, when replacing a harmonic ballancer, the old man came very much in handy. BTW, they're 8mm socks not 10mm sorry.

Donno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts