Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 1999 Taurus with the Duratec 24V DOHC engine.

I am trying to add a Bosche electric oil pressure gauge. The sending unit will not fit in the OEM location.

Anyone have experience adding another oil pressure sending unit? Where did you add it? Appreciate any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,932 Posts
Thought you might have got some replies from your post on the Taurus club forum . Dont know the location on that car but is it possible you could get an adaptor / connection to facilitate the sender ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought you might have got some replies from your post on the Taurus club forum . Dont know the location on that car but is it possible you could get an adaptor / connection to facilitate the sender ?

I received no feedback on the Taurus owners forum. Not sure if I could get an adapter. That would likely be something custom-made because you’re trying to measure pressure. Not likely to work too well in a soft/rubber hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,932 Posts
We had a workshop kit of brass joints of various shapes and sizes that we used . " t" pieces , " elbow " joints ," straight thrus " etc. that we could always contrive some suitable fitting that worked perfectly . Could always use a mechanical gauge kit if stuck and cant come up with an adaptor .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
R.S.LOGAN
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing