Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed an aftermarket radio in my "95 taurus. i ran the wire harness from the unit in the trunk to the front dash. i hooked everything up and turned the car on and tried to use the radio, but it wouldnt tun on. after checking a few things, i realized that i had blown the fuse to the radio. someone told me it might be from grounding. any info on what to check, or how to solve this problem would be grewatly appreciated. thanx in advance :hy:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, i drove the car while the radio was not working, and noticed that the speedometer was dead. im not sure if these are two separate problems, or if they are related. any imput appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1st, replace the blown fuse, disconnect the stereo and see if the speedometer works again. I'm not sure which fuse you were talking about, the one in the fuse box or one from the radio wiring harness, but check both.

Make sure you hooked up all wires to the stereo correctly and there is not any exposed metal part of the connections or exposed wire. Wrap any exposed electrical connections or wire with electrical tape.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok..well i guess i just have a P.O.S. deck. i replaced the fuse in the fusebox, and that fixed the speedometer. a couple of lights will light up, and the deck will take a cd, but it wont play anything. i can hear it spinning, but no facelights, no radio, no sound :angry: anyway, thanx, i didnt think that the fuse for the radio would effect the speedometer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
goattee34
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing