Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German tuning house, Racing Dynamics GmbH, now offers a more muscular BMW M5. A thorough upgrade of the 5.0 litre 32 valve V8 engine creates a 375 kW monster of a sports sedan with torque to burn. For Racing Dynamics claims a torque figure of 608 Nm at 4,000 rpm for the upgraded engine, the extra grunt won through the fitting of a ram air induction system, lighter forged pistons, lighter rods, and a freer flowing exhaust system. New engine management software and a higher compression ratio also help the modified M5 achieve supercar levels of performance. Racing Dynamics claims a top speed of 310 km/h for its new charger, and a 0-100 time of just 4.8 seconds. The engine upgrade isn't cheap, costing close to $100,000.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Looks nice, doesn't have a big wing just a nice aggressive stance. Love the specs though, very serious for a car to do 0-100 in 4.8secs. 375kw is handy, but the price isn't. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the price is steep isn't it. This is what the T series look was all about. Just didn't get the motor cred in the public eye to make it work. No body kit just wheels. Has a look that I could live with!

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
That thing is just awesome:nuts: I love the understated yet menacing look, much like what the T-SERIES tried to be, and like you said Ian, it was most likely the lack of brute power that caused the problem with sales.

I would've expected this M5 to be quicker than what is stated though, with 375kW and over 600nm, low 4sec should be what it should do, although it probably weighs close to 2 tonne!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JEM said:
That thing is just awesome:nuts: I love the understated yet menacing look, much like what the T-SERIES tried to be, and like you said Ian, it was most likely the lack of brute power that caused the problem with sales.

I would've expected this M5 to be quicker than what is stated though, with 375kW and over 600nm, low 4sec should be what it should do, although it probably weighs close to 2 tonne!
Yeah maybe traction is a problem. *Ford please note "that is what wheel arches should look like"*

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Theres no way you could drive that on Aussie streets, look at those rims, they must be 20inch!:eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
*Ford please note "that is what wheel arches should look like"*
And that's how to fill up wheel arches too!!.. Nothing like having massive wheel arches and tiny wheels now is there... :rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
That thing is just awesome:nuts: I love the understated yet menacing look, much like what the T-SERIES tried to be
I reckon one of the T's should still try to look a little understated.. Perhaps the TS and leave the TE and GT ;) (oh please, please!!) be the boy racers and have the TS as the sleeper.. :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ford Man said:

I reckon one of the T's should still try to look a little understated.. Perhaps the TS and leave the TE and GT ;) (oh please, please!!) be the boy racers and have the TS as the sleeper.. :D

Yeah a few people have been saying that for a while. The T series concept wasn;t that far off base and I think that the TS model would be the logical choice.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Martin said:
Theres no way you could drive that on Aussie streets, look at those rims, they must be 20inch!:eek:
I agree about the ride height not lending itself to being user friendly but that body does look real smooth

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I drove along side an M5 the other day, they are an awesome presence on the road. The old fella driving wouldn't be tempted into putting his foot down, but there again he didn't have too, he knew exactly what he was driving. I'm hoping the stroked TE50 will have the same effect, a more aggressive body kit to match everything else will definately turn heads.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TeeHee said:
I drove along side an M5 the other day, they are an awesome presence on the road. The old fella driving wouldn't be tempted into putting his foot down, but there again he didn't have too, he knew exactly what he was driving. I'm hoping the stroked TE50 will have the same effect, a more aggressive body kit to match everything else will definately turn heads.
And that is the sort of reaction we are looking for with T series. Having owners that know what their cars can do and being proud to be seen in it.
And I think you are right about the TE needing the kit. They still have to keep the price in check but go after the look of the clubsport more

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
They still have to keep the price in check but go after the look of the clubsport more
I think this will be a very important factor when people go to choose a HSV or FTE V8. Please don't make the pricing rediculous guys. While we all aspire to own one, if it's within our grasp we'll go and get it. If not we'll have to keep dreaming..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ford Man said:

I think this will be a very important factor when people go to choose a HSV or FTE V8. Please don't make the pricing rediculous guys. While we all aspire to own one, if it's within our grasp we'll go and get it. If not we'll have to keep dreaming..

I have been real happy with Fords price structure over the lattest versions of the XR8 and the series 2 TE. I really hope they can continue in this vein, and I think they will but with the motor work on the T series it will be tough. ford have already claimed the profit margin on XR8 has been reduced so lets hope the extra sales go some way to convincing Ford they are heading in the right direction

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
I have been real happy with Fords price structure over the lattest versions of the XR8 and the series 2 TE.
Makes two of us mate. Like you, I just hope that this continues to be the trend..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ford Man said:

Makes two of us mate. Like you, I just hope that this continues to be the trend..
It will have to continue if they want to move any real volumes!
There will be no point getting the credibility levels back if the price isn't somewhere near the Holden product. Ford have to get the swinging portion of the public back and for the people coming from VT/VX that might not be that easy:(

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Oh my... I think I've just soiled myself!! :eek:

That has got to be the sweetest looking Beemer I've laid eyes on.. DAMN!! :thumbup: Superb alloys, and the drivetrain specs have me dribbling like a tap...

Price is irrelevant, I just want one!! :cool:

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
What an absolute beast!!!! The M series continues to amaze!!!

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
That M5 looks absolutely wicked:D, it just goes to show that you don't need to have some lairy bodykit to make a car look mean.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts