Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok lets face it...if you dont download some songs and only buy Cds still your kidding yourself. Just had to get that out of the way...

Has anyone else been getting pissed off my Kaaza? When I download a song, atleast every second one will be scrambled. It starts off ok, then all of a sudden it will go spastic, to the point were its so bloody annoying. Anyone else experienced it?

Ive deleted so many songs after downloading them...its sooo frustrating!

Ive heard a rumour that apparently Kaaza are doing it delibritly so the music gurus think they are "trying" to solve the problem.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Yeh, I hate Kaaza with a passion as well. I downloaded the sum of all fears, took ages but luckily I had broadband, and it turned out to be Toy Story!!! The d/l also used just about my whole monthly limit

Not very happy jan!!!

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Futura97 said:
The d/l also used just about my whole monthly limit

Not very happy jan!!!
LOL...that's priceless!

As for the scrambled music clips issue, I've got that too. No worries, just keep downloading. I usually go for the bigger files, at least above 3 megs to ensure the quality of the clip. But still sometimes that fails.

·
Not a Twink
1,086 Posts
AFIAK is the music companys actually putting up these songs, to try curve the amount of illegal music downloaded, unfortunatly it seems to of worked. I don't use Kazza now Kazza lite is dead.

As Fordqirl said, SoulSeek is pretty good, but compared to the "oldschool" kazza its shit, no multiple user download :(

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Kazza Lite is not dead.......long live Kazza Lite!
And for anyone using Kazza instead of Kazza Lite....I would have to question why?

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
we use kazza lite and have had a few songs that have just come out as static. dont know why. oh...anyone know how to find out whats being 'shared' from your computer as well?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Easy way to pick the dud songs is they are a bit larger in file size, so check the list of the same files and avoid the big ones for the same song

Just click on the "My Shared Folder" icon on the tool bar to see what your sharing....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
honer said:
As Fordqirl said, SoulSeek is pretty good, but compared to the "oldschool" kazza its shit, no multiple user download :(
Yeah that annoys me about soulseek but I only like it compared to kazaa lite is because with the type of music I like I can get whatever I want, with kazaa I can't.

·
EA Falcon owner
1,242 Posts
in the last week ive downloaded

deep impact
torque (only the 1st half cant find a decent working 2nd half yet)
and a few mp3's and theyve all turned out ok
now im downloading swat and that seems ok going by the preview function.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Nothing wrong with My Kaaza!

Downloaded many songs in the last week and no duds or fakes or anything scrambled! - All have been top-notch.
However if you don't like Kaaza theres also WinMX which is just as good.

·
Registered
904 Posts
kazaa is still good, its just got alot of LOW people using it. if you are after movies that were just released in the cinema, DONT use it. because i can assure you people rename ALOT of movies and games to new releases as Futura97 found out.

As for music, i think its great. you just need to listen to the song once you've downloaded part of it, and make sure you get a good kbps rate (ie. 192khz or higher) Larger filesize but generally better sound.

i think the cracks and faults in the songs are from useless people who cant rip them from cds properly

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i just download full albums :)
its easier and you're more likely to get what you want, i only get old movies off kazaa.

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
dunno about morpheus, i've heard its good, but i use the best one there is...WINMX!!

cheers.joe.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Firstly downloading music is bad mmmkay!!

I find WinMX to be better than Kazaa-lite but kazaa does have a slightly better range of music

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bsmyth said:
Firstly downloading music is bad mmmkay!!

I find WinMX to be better than Kazaa-lite but kazaa does have a slightly better range of music
could any two lines contradict themselves anymore???...lol

well ill give WinMX a crack...I do like Kaaza Lite though.

·
P1mp Daddy
518 Posts
GUYS!

www.suprnova.org

Bittorent network is elite.... just watch out if your uploads count, because you have to share.. which is fair enough... but everything i download is mint!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Fordqirl said:
Soulseek is the way to go.
is that back up? ive used that for a while but a few months ago it went down and i couldnt get it back up and running....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts