Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!! I am looking at getting an after market CD stacker for my AU II XR6 HP to match up with the standard sound system. Is this possible and can anyone suggest a suitable product?
Thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
BLUXR6

I'm not sure who makes the sound systems on the AUs but with the earlier E series you could use Alpine gear.

There is a FM modulated CD stacker available and this simply plugs between your Antenna cable and the radio - you simply tune the radio to a FM station and away you go. All told a couple of hundred bucks with most popular brands doing at least one each

Hope it helps

Paul B
XR6WGN

·
"Bloody Beautiful"
415 Posts
Company here in Melbourne handle all this gear. Company name is FMS (Ph: 03 9796 4855) and only sell to trade I think. FMS (Ford Mazda Sanyo) there is no after market stacker that will fit to your unit, you will have to purchase through a dealer or someone like Gary's Car Radio.

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
I'm running an Apline Deck connected up to my Seris 1 AU Falcon. It works fine. All the wheel mounted controls work and the buttons on the tape deck also work. The only thing is that it doesn't have random play. I've heard that a certain pioneer stacker will also connect up to the deck via a cable.

Will

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Black S said:
I'm running an Apline Deck connected up to my Seris 1 AU Falcon. It works fine. All the wheel mounted controls work and the buttons on the tape deck also work. The only thing is that it doesn't have random play. I've heard that a certain pioneer stacker will also connect up to the deck via a cable.

Will
Pioneer Stackers run off a P-Bus lead which is designed for the Pioneer range. It can only be controlled by a Pioneer Head Unit.
The P-Bus lead connects the two units.

It may be the Old FM Modulated model.... These have Piss Poor quality in sound reproduction..

Nipper...

·
Ford Member
292 Posts
Yep, have to agree with you again...

We have one of the Fm Boot stackers (a clarion) in our AU forte and its pretty average. It works but I reckon either a single in deck or 6 stacker is the way to go in terms of convenience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts