Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doin a bit of circle work in my ute I had the obvious task of cleaning it up again (refer to Black paint discussion in ute forum), done all the engine bay, routine air filter dust out,What the hell!?

I have a Green plastic Air filter with LPG Only written on it. Oh Sh*t i thought.
I rang the dealer (as i had only had it serviced a month ago) and they told me that the BA's were having a "dust problem" so they fit the LPG ones, Has anyone else heard of this?

Also what is the brand of filters that Herrods use BMC???( I can't remember) as i want to get a better filter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
yep bmc

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
After doin a bit of circle work in my ute
good to see;)

hhmmm, im going to check mine tomorrow... and ill ask them when it gets its complimentary service on the 29th. Thanks for the heads up mate.

cheers,
Matt

·
Just hear the Exhaust!
72 Posts
Never noticed it, then again I only take her on highways and freeways mostly. Never out on a dirt road or anything. Phantom is too much of a pain to maintain...lol. Have a Splitfire cone filter fitted inside the airbox. Does the job quite well believe it or not. Increased overall performance on the dyno by 2-3 horses.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It took me 15 min to change the filter over for a K&N one, then went out the next day and put in the ss cold air intake system, that took 3 hours. Bastard of a job but works very well you just have to seal the thing, other wise it sucks the hot air in from the motor, then went and had a full herrod stainles system put on. Breathes and farts a lot better then b4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The lpg air filter are made of different materials than the petrol filters,something to do with backfires(in the event it would happen)on lpg system.

·
Warning: Constant drifter
112 Posts
its not true at all. i work ford Range Ford in perth and it is not a TSB. I work with BA's all day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts