Ford Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 07sedan focus air filter box in fender well does it come open or have replace it as unit

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
Don't know what engine you have in car , but all Focus cars I have worked on it was just a case of replacing filter element .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I figured it out , got repair manual , fixing to tackle front end issue. Can move tire 1/2 to 3/4 in front to back . Wouldn't that be upper and lower control arm and ball joint or CV joint also it isn't clicking but wearing inside of each front tire

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
So you're saying you can place your hands at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and and wiggle left to right and have play? That's usually inner or outer tie rods. At the 6 & 12 o'clock positions any movement there would either be wheel bearing, lower ball joint, lower control arm bushings or strut bearings. You don't have a upper control arm, the strut assembly takes the place of that.

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
As above , wear on the steering / suspension will be throwing out the steering geometry and once the wear has been rectified you will need to check /set wheel alignment for the tire wear .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you're saying you can place your hands at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and and wiggle left to right and have play? That's usually inner or outer tie rods. At the 6 & 12 o'clock positions any movement there would either be wheel bearing, lower ball joint, lower control arm bushings or strut bearings. You don't have a upper control arm, the strut assembly takes the place of that.
Thanks I'm going to replace hub and bearing on each side and then start on ball joints and tie rod ends,seen the whole kit for 300 or so on ebay

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
Take it easy and get well. I've been vaccinated but sick with burning in my lungs, congestion and that other good stuff that goes along with it. Hope mine is just a cold. And the brutal heat, we've got that too. Heat indexes today supposed to be in the 110 range in wast Arkansas.

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
Take it easy and get well. I've been vaccinated but sick with burning in my lungs, congestion and that other good stuff that goes along with it. Hope mine is just a cold. And the brutal heat, we've got that too. Heat indexes today supposed to be in the 110 range in wast Arkansas.
You take your own advice with those crazy temps " Take it easy and get well. "

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
You take your own advice with those crazy temps " Take it easy and get well. "
Thank you RS Logan. This is under the porch in the shade. Notice the inside temp? I have it set on 73 but this room is colder. Wife called me and said it 99 in town. We're always a little cooler here at home.

·
Super Moderator
22,986 Posts
Guess they may have a point with global warming the way things are happening worldwide .

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
Yep! We've had very warm winters the past several years. I can remember as a kid it was cold and we had snow, it seems, every year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
108 about hour north of new Orleans ,I gotta brother lives in magnolia Arkansas I'm going for a visit in a bit go help do some Saw Mill
work build root cellar and pole barn or work shed

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
That's what this world needs more of. The was things used to be. Hopefully you'll wait till late fall when its cooler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what this world needs more of. The was things used to be. Hopefully you'll wait till late fall when its cooler.
Ended up doing root cellar and pole barn 12x24 with lean too down the side for the mill thinking about moving up there , hope you are feeling better than last time we talked

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
You've been busy! I'm doing good. Been trying to avoid this new strain of Covid. Arkansas is seeing over 10k cases a day. Take it easy and stay safe!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts