Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around for an upgrade to the regular ryco filter on my EA. The only company that seems to do them is K&N, but the $170 asking price is a little over my budget. the guys at repco suggested looking for a product called a "finer filter". ive found their website and their prices are very reasonable at $57. I gather that it is a foam filter rather than a cotton one, but thats all i know. has anyone had any experience with these or better yet uses one? thanks.

http://www.uniflow.com.au/make.asp?make=FORD

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$125 is a bit rich, but getting better i suppose.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
$125 is about the going price for a k&n for an ED (same as EA). I just got one form AutoOne...

james

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was quoted $170 from rip every poor **** off

·
Registered
86 Posts
the dragon is washable...not sure about KnN, it just came with the car by the way.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
yes k&n is washable. at 50k intervals....

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
I'm the reverse of TIKFD6. I had a foam filter, and chucked it in favour of a K&N, which I am much happier with . . .
The foam one I had snotted up my MAF considerably (much more than the K&N) :p

hehehe . . don't you love 100% conflicting opinions :)

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol "snotted up my MAF"
could you be a little more specific
are we talking oil or chunks of foam?
im on the verge of buying a finer filter on thursday.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
I have a BMC Replacement panel filter, Cost me $120 dollars around 10 months ago. I then had to fork out $60 to buy the the washing and oil kit. Its been perfect I have had no dramas since it has been on. Noticed a little bit more throttle response and a little bit better fuel economy. Supposedly the BMC is better than the K&N but I would not know as I have only owned one.

·
no tire smoke no fun!
458 Posts
allways used K&N and for the EB/D they are $120 retail and the cleaning and oil kit it's about 40bucks but you only really need the oil kit as cleaning you can wash it yourself

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Yeah, TIKFD6 is spot on. Although I never re-oiled mine (oil deposited was from when it was new). When it came time to re-oil, I threw it (it had helpfully oiled the bottom of the air-box itself). Mine wasn't a Unifilter however, so it might have just been a crap brand (can't remember what it was now tho :p )
Cleaning the MAF wasn't too much stress, but compared to the K&N, it just didn't look like it could possibly be as efficient.
I got the K&N cleaning kit for $25...

As said, given you don't run a MAF, its probably less of a worry for you - if you don't want to spend the extra $$$ for K&N / BMC, then unifilter is probably a good option (better than paper anyway)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts