Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta code 22 on the dash a few times last week. Short trips. It happened right after I filled the petrol tank up to the absolute brim. BA Fairmont 2003. Now it's ok ? Anyone experienced this ? thanx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Has been known that static electric build up sets off BA air bag code.
There is wiring extension lead avail that ford dealer will fit that fixes problem if it becomes a constant problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is this "wiring extension lead" - can you explain this a bit better ? what is it called ? does it have a part no ? What is this wiring extension's purpose ? where does it plug in and what is it designed to do ?

Looks like this is still happening but intermittently. I'm hoping it's something simple like a bad battery - looks like it happens a bit more when the aircon + CD is working together ...... apparently digging around a bit the 22 means "Safing sensor shorted to battery output voltage" .... doesn't this item actually have to work before the airbag motion sensors get a chance to have a look in ? i.e. the system will not work in the event of an accident ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
You will have to use your ford dealer for service of the item, or you will void warrenty, air bag system is still fully functional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts