Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently acquired a ‘94 Lincoln Town car (Executive) with 130K on it. It ran fine the first time I drove it to get it smogged (all of 1/2 a mile), but after that it began intermittently flashing airbag code 34 (ldrivers side airbag corcuit low resistance or short).
I dont think it’s the clockspring as both horns work and it doesn’t have any trouble steering, but I’m having difficulty finding what else it might be.
Any tips to get me pointed in the right direction? I know it’s an old car, but I’m hopeful that someone around here has some knowledge they’d be willing to share.
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or where I might buy a clockspring? My husband thinks it must be the clockspring since there doesn’t seem to be any other information about code 34 out there but they don’t make the part any more... Can I put one from an ‘01 town car on there or something?
I still don’t think it is the clockspring, but the little flashing light aggravates my car anxiety greatly so I’m willing to try just about anything to fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this morning when I turned on the town car code 34 had been replaced with the apparently higher priority code 35... Am I right in thinking they’re probably both being shorted out by the same faulty part?

·
Super Moderator
8,280 Posts
The code number has nothing to do with priority, just the order they named them, still sounds as though the clock spring is shorted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts