Ford Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,168 Posts
I like to see refinement as opposed to evolution, so I like the '24's. Especially the Dark Horse. But about the dash board. Come on Ford, don't forget Mustang tradition. Mustangs, arguably, are the icons of my generation and that dash will take a little getting used to.

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you are a BIG Mustang guy , owner and fanatic Gary and see your point but unfortunately that's the way it is today , especially with the younger generation and what a lot of people want .I know a few family members , my son included who changed from Ford and one of the reasons was because their technology is / was dated on the Ford cars they were looking at compared to what is offered with some other manufacturers . Today you got to give the customers all the bells and whistles they want and expect in their cars .But it does make me feel really old and a dinosaur siting in some of todays cars and looking at all the technology in front of me and under the bonnet / hood

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with both bajarider and with r.s.logan, what it comes down to is Ford is no longer looking "my" generation for Mustang sales, I get that. The dash will take some getting used to, but aside from those dislikes that are subjective I do have a couple of pet peaves. The rev button on the key fob, just call it the obnoxous button. Obnoxous people have given us Mustang guys ( and girls) a bad reputation. This rev button will only empahsize the stereotype. Next...the darkhorse name, I think that they should have brought back the Cobra name. Its been out to "pasture ( no pun intended initially) since 2004, it would have been a nice send off for most likely the last ice Mustang. I also do not like that there is no manual option for the eco boost cars, not everyone can afford a GT at this point. Just my thoughts..

·
Registered
2014 3cyl Fiesta and 2017 GT350
2 Posts
It's good to see it will still burn gasoline and you can get a clutch. The colors seem so drab though. Remember grabber blue, green and orange and the bright yellow? We're getting back to model T days. You can have any color you want as long as it's black, brown or gray.

·
Super Moderator
2,168 Posts
I agree with both bajarider and with r.s.logan, what it comes down to is Ford is no longer looking "my" generation for Mustang sales, I get that. The dash will take some getting used to, but aside from those dislikes that are subjective I do have a couple of pet peaves. The rev button on the key fob, just call it the obnoxous button. Obnoxous people have given us Mustang guys ( and girls) a bad reputation. This rev button will only empahsize the stereotype. Next...the darkhorse name, I think that they should have brought back the Cobra name. Its been out to "pasture ( no pun intended initially) since 2004, it would have been a nice send off for most likely the last ice Mustang. I also do not like that there is no manual option for the eco boost cars, not everyone can afford a GT at this point. Just my thoughts..
There you go Jost, just like me, trying to hang onto tradition. I am a flathead living in an OHC world. Obnoxious must be OK nowadays. But, somehow, I think Ford will surprise us with the "Cobra" name. Hope so anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,168 Posts
I know you are a BIG Mustang guy , owner and fanatic Gary and see your point but unfortunately that's the way it is today , especially with the younger generation and what a lot of people want .I know a few family members , my son included who changed from Ford and one of the reasons was because their technology is / was dated on the Ford cars they were looking at compared to what is offered with some other manufacturers . Today you got to give the customers all the bells and whistles they want and expect in their cars .But it does make me feel really old and a dinosaur siting in some of todays cars and looking at all the technology in front of me and under the bonnet / hood
I will warm up to the new dash, maybe, and should be happy there's still a Coyote under the hood. But an aluminum block 7.3 would make me forget about the dash!

·
Registered
20 Posts
There you go Jost, just like me, trying to hang onto tradition. I am a flathead living in an OHC world. Obnoxious must be OK nowadays. But, somehow, I think Ford will surprise us with the "Cobra" name. Hope so anyway.
I sure hope you are right about the Cobra name. I am happy about the Coyote and manual trans..I should'nt complain. This one is still a Mustang. I was not planning on replacing my 08 anyway :). Flat heads have always intrigued me. I never knew anyone who had one and never had a chance to work on one.

·
Super Moderator
2,168 Posts
I sure hope you are right about the Cobra name. I am happy about the Coyote and manual trans..I should'nt complain. This one is still a Mustang. I was not planning on replacing my 08 anyway :). Flat heads have always intrigued me. I never knew anyone who had one and never had a chance to work on one.
My first car was a flathead '51 Ford custom with OD. I learned about the flathead in that car out of necessity, but had a lot of fun along the way. I still have a soft spot for "flatmotors" and agree with the stickers I sometimes see at car shows; "real hot rods don't have valve covers"! I might add that real hot rods also have three pedals on the floor, one skinny and two fat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My first car was a flathead '51 Ford custom with OD. I learned about the flathead in that car out of necessity, but had a lot of fun along the way. I still have a soft spot for "flatmotors" and agree with the stickers I sometimes see at car shows; "real hot rods don't have valve covers"! I might add that real hot rods also have three pedals on the floor, one skinny and two fat.
Your first was more fun then mine: 63 Dodge with a 225 slant six and auto ( push buttons on the dash). But I know exactly what you mean, I still have a soft spot the slanties and grin whenever I see one.
I agree with you on the three pedals. I'm still like a kid, looking inside every car to see if it is auto. or stick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts