Ford Forums banner

41 - 60 of 879 Posts

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
How difficult is it to put an 8 in an XF? Both mechanically and legality wise?
What about a turbo? Is a turbo easier for Carb or EFI? I have a carby (leaded too).

Thanks
Dan

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
Yeah the turbo/SC thing has also crossed my mind.

My donk (4.1 carby unleaded) is a recon'd one. Its probably done about 15,000 - 20,000 k's. Would the internals and such have to be replaced with stronger bits if a turbo/sc is fitted? It probably wouldnt be running any insane boost levels.. just enough to make it worth while. I've already got 2.5" exhaust and hi flow cat so i could probably still use that too?

·
###AND EDGT DRIVER###
713 Posts
i will find out when i go over the pits only problem is geting the heater connected with the v8 conversion apart from that
everything from xw-xe or fairlaine will swap over.

as far as cost if you have the tools cheap to convert to hard to
add up the cost everything stoped counting when hit the 10000.00 mark thats with what i spent on the xd i wrecked
for parts to swap over.

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
what are you doing 4 building a 250 turbo? what do you need and how much is it gonna cost you? after Im finished doing up my XF Im thinking bout getting a blower, or somthing dunno yet, shouldnt think bout it just yet, lack of money is a problem :p

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
I plan to take photos of the engine build. Well im looking at spendin $8000 - $10,000 on driveline.

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice nice. be sure to post pics. ;)

all my car needs atm is a clean. damn thing gets dirty too damn quick. and a nice polish wouldnt go astray either. o welp. will come soon enuf.

·
Let's Drive
131 Posts
XF Falcon

Some super sweet rides here, keep them coming.

Here is a pic of mine! 5 years of hard work, and still not finished....YET!

Sorry the picture isn't the best, but i had to shrink it down to get it to display on the forum.

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
ahhh Shhmik, love that thing.
Ive seen a few pics of your car, its mad. Love the racing seats, they really look good in there.. as well as the 5Ltr and the 6 speed manual :p
Take care of that baby man.

·
Let's Drive
131 Posts
Thanks XF Falcon,
I intend to take very good care of her. Just starting to build up another engine for her ..... a nice 302 stroked out to 347 plus all the goodies to go with it. Just need to save more money so i can get it done quicker. Oh well, all good things come to those that wait. But i don't want to wait forever!

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
oh man its you! a mate of mine loves your car (as do I) cause he has a sweet silver XF (low as huge chromes) Iv seen your page on the net b4, thats partly the reason I posted this topic 2 see how many more wicked XFs were out there! its ppl like you that inspire others! :) (dont mean 2 sound like a poof haha)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Cliff mate, what will you be doing with your old motor?
If you intend to sell, what sort of money will you be looking for?
I'm just wondering.

41 - 60 of 879 Posts