Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/features/2001/August/200108_feature_carb.xml

Its nuts, apparently they want everyone to drive around in golf carts, seriously golf carts, Ford could sell golf carts as car as they are exempt from safety requirements. Hell electric wheelchairs too I guess. Zero emission vechicals (although really its just Displaced emission vechicals) look like a pretty stupid idea to me.

No wonder Ford doesn't have a big cube engine anymore, and Gm is moving LS1 production away from the USA. CAFE is having a impact on cars in the usa. Smaller engines, more expensive cars. I sure hope Ford moves some V8 production to Australia, and keep the big cubes alive.

However the inflexability of the major car companies is obvious. They are looking a the problem as "build simular car powered by some D size batteries and a motor". As they try to make a car with simular milage and performance the cost goes skyhigh.

Maybe this explains why HSV is selling pushbikes. I guess they are ZEV too.

Im suprised they haven't looked at steam or compressed air technology, something Im currently researching for commerical viability. I could sell them heaps of solutions.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts