Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 Poe-lease CV...the alternator is acting funny. I haven't had it tested yet, but I fear that it is bad.

Azone doesn't carry the P71 200 amp alternator.

Rockauto has them, but the standard alternator puts out 135amps...and they are cheaper.

So....is the standard 135 amp aletnator interchangeable w/the 200 amp Police option?

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
Either buy one from a junkyard for cheap or get a remanufactured one with a lifetime warrenty. I dont know what it is with ford 6g alternators but it seems like even rebuilt/remanufactured ones are hit or miss. I bought a rebuilt one for my 02 gt from autozone a year or so ago. Luckily I bought the one with a warrenty because after a month or so it crapped out on me. The new one only puts out 13.5v or so, so Im just waiting for this one to crap out on my too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,965 Posts
If you intend keeping the car , get the correct new one and save yourself a possible lot of grieve swapping out faulty units for ever and a day from junkyard , cheap alternatives . As an example , see post above . You get what you pay for .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
R.S.LOGAN
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing