Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Ford Freestyle and have changed the alternator 5 times now in the past 2 months, I replaced the tensioner pulley and belt also. So last week we ended up putting a Motorcraft alternator in and it ran good for 2 days and now my battery light and charging system light is on again. I'm wanting to know if I have ac in the back seat do I need a alternator that says rear ac or just the regular one. The Ford people said It could be my battery cable going to the alternator. Help Please!

·
Super Moderator
20,551 Posts
Check alternator output with meter . Check wiring at alternator and all earths / grounds . Load test battery , check voltage .

Moved to Freestyle section .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a new battery, so I think it could be a ground wire. Someone was telling me to put a new PCM and it could help. I took it to Ford a month ago and after they had my car for a week they told me it was my CD player so they disconnected that and a week later the same problem happened again so I took it back to Ford and they said to replace the alternator and the battery cable, so my mechanic put in a Motorcraft and it ran good for about 3 days and yesterday the battery light and charging system light comes back on.

·
Super Moderator
20,551 Posts
IF alternator output is reading o.k , check for a parasitic drain that could be making the alternator work overtime to replenish battery .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts