Ford Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Mod/Ranger Member
131 Posts
Kanetruck

Kanetruck how do you like your moonvisor and racerback? I have been thinking about getting some for a while but I havent heard much about them. 1 guy said he hated his but he drove a Toyota...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
the razorback & visor

The visor is very nice in the summer cuz of the sun & cuts down on glare from the moon on some nights when its really high.

The razorback takes some getting use to cuz it has blind spots, but just treat it like you are driving a SUV.

Besides they look cool too.

And as for the paint it's factory (wild strawberry met.) with the black added later. Been thinking about changing it but keep the same colors, maybe do black flames.

THIS WEB SITE IS COOL IF YOU WANT TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH YOUR PAINT.

www.colorshift.com/index.phtml?s=Home

This is something you can add to your paint & it makes it look like different colors. May add this to my black paint for the flames.
Let me know what you guys think.

KANE

·
Mod/Ranger Member
131 Posts
Good idea

I think that would be cool to have flames that change color on your truck. I never thought about that...Let us know if you do it and how it turns out...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Flames that change colors

Well it won't be any time soon, have to do more work inside. Like redo the whole interior,etc.

·
Multi Car Member
15 Posts
Hey nightrunner....

What is that metal grille insert you have? I have heard of a few people putting some sort of metal mesh they picked up from HOME DEPOT and I'd like to do something of the sort on my 1994 Ranger. Is that what you have, or did you buy that as it is?

BTW... very nice truck!

·
Mod/Ranger Member
131 Posts
Metal Mesh Mod

I did that to my truck at one point. I took some mesh and painted it black and stuck it behind the grill. Looked pretty good for awhile. Started to chip a little after a year. Then I found a Doge Ram grill on the side of the road, pulled the "honeycomb" inserts out of it and put them in mine. Looks awesome now. I will post some pics soon, they are still in the camera...Cheap mods...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
graeme

Yeah it's a homemade grill. I recently got a billet grill since that picture. You use gutter wire for the grill then glue it to the grill using caulk, superglue, etc.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts