Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The company I work for never cease to amaze me. The first day back at work after my recent UK/Singapore trip, they tell me I might be sent back the next week. Sure enough, despite 30,000 Lions fans trying to make their way home, they got me on a flight to the UK - and they had to send me First Class to do it! However, it's on Malaysian Airlines, and the First Class on the plane from Sydney to KL was shoddy - business class on Qantas in better! :eek:

I'm currently sitting in the First Class lounge at KL - still. My flight was delayed 3 hours (on top of a 3 hour transfer wait), and now doesn't leave until 02:55am - currently 1am as I sit here at the lone Internet terminal in the lounge. Ahh well, plenty of free beer and a chance to catch up on FF - can't complain too much I guess. I managed to watch the reply of the British GP too.

Sadly, as was the case with the Barbagello round, I missed watching the V8's at Calder from home while I made my way to the sirport. A mild consolation was having an AU LTD Fairlane (pig ugly car!, but nice as inside) pick me up from home and take me to the airport, one few perks of First Class that is semi-decent with Malaysian Airlines... :rolleyes:

Anywayz, shall be in the UK in about 17-18 hours, and again have the chance to drive a UK Ford for the week (leave again on Friday.) I might try and grab a Focus this time, though I'm not sure I should go the vehicle upgrade again, work's bound to chuck a mass-wobbly at me - I'm costing them too much as it is! :eek:

Need another beer, so I'll leave it here. Wil let yas know how the Focus goes when I get to work. :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Venom S said:
Need another beer, so I'll leave it here. Wil let yas know how the Focus goes when I get to work. :D
BASTARD!!!! :p
Grab a Focus for sure Venom.. Let us know whats available and what they're like to drive mate.. :D
Some folks have all the luck.. :( ;)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The travel for work thing isn't all roses. I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.
In fact my boss busted me up two weeks ago because I purposely failed to renew my passport so he had to go travelling instead ;) :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
In fact my boss busted me up two weeks ago because I purposely failed to renew my passport so he had to go travelling instead ;) :D
Good thinkin there mate. :D

VenomS,

Yeah hope you have a good time over there, and yeah do a drive test on the Focus for us. :p :p

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aussie Pete said:
That's right, this trip itself is more of a pain, and the overseas travel thing for work is seriously no longer a novelty anymore.

As for the Ford Focus...I GOT ROBBED!!!!

I was only booked for a class B car, which meant I get to drive around the UK this time in...and wait for it...a Fiat Punto! Drives likes a 4-wheeled turd, and only accelerates in 1st gear and downhill - combine both for those 'quicker than a clapped out gemini' traffic light starts. It's a piece of crap, no CD player (thus no highway metal this time), no air con, no nuffin. Most not happy!!! It just means I have to angle some way to come back yet again, and make sure the travel co. we book our trips through give me a Focus!!!

I had a good read of the UK's July issue of CAR mag. Excellent read, in that they unashamedly have a Ford bias over Vauxhall (GM), but I'll go into more detail in another thread. The mag has a review of the Focus RS, and details their entry of a Focus RS and a Puma in the 24hr race at the Nuburgring circuit - also has a Ford Thunderbird feature.

...and remember, FIAT = [email protected]#$ed-up Italian Attempt at Transport

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Venom S said:
LOL! Good one.. :D
I guess I'll have to see if I can score a Focus when we head over there.. ;)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Venom S said:

That's right, this trip itself is more of a pain, and the overseas travel thing for work is seriously no longer a novelty anymore.

As for the Ford Focus...I GOT ROBBED!!!!

I was only booked for a class B car, which meant I get to drive around the UK this time in...and wait for it...a Fiat Punto! Drives likes a 4-wheeled turd, and only accelerates in 1st gear and downhill - combine both for those 'quicker than a clapped out gemini' traffic light starts. It's a piece of crap, no CD player (thus no highway metal this time), no air con, no nuffin. Most not happy!!! It just means I have to angle some way to come back yet again, and make sure the travel co. we book our trips through give me a Focus!!!

I had a good read of the UK's July issue of CAR mag. Excellent read, in that they unashamedly have a Ford bias over Vauxhall (GM), but I'll go into more detail in another thread. The mag has a review of the Focus RS, and details their entry of a Focus RS and a Puma in the 24hr race at the Nuburgring circuit - also has a Ford Thunderbird feature.

Thats a bummer, so no drive test on Focus :( :( .
As they say you got Jibbed mate. :eek: :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts