Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Can someone tell me what the hell is so good about the current commode, personally I think the VX is a step back from VT but the AU2 is a much better car than the AU1.
I think the VX front and back looks crap the VT ****s over it.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I agree totally. VX teardrop headlights make the car look like it's crying. Rear end on the exec based cars looks incomplete. SS looks damn good though.

However, as said in the article the rounded arch profile of the AU from the rear and the sloping away of the trunk section makes it look like it has a saggy arse. That's why the XRs now have a flatter rear wing and Futura has the small spoiler. Forte doesn't....

I think the AU2 front end in Forte/Futura is actually very nice. Rear end is the bad part :( Here's an idea for the AU3, paint the headlight bezels in a satin gunmetal colour to lessen the 'oversize' impact of the lights.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I've got 5 bucks that says if the current Falcon was badged as a Holden it would sell like hotcakes... Just my feelings on how stupid most car buyers are... (as in "oh it's a Holden. That's a real Australian car"... wankers :evil2: )

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
You're deffinatly right Ford man long as it says Commodore.

I am not mad on the back of the car myself though and the centre consoul either. Fairmont and T Series's isnt too bad.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I actually don't mind the centre consul. Driving one everyday I don't really notice it. The buttons and dials are in the right place and easy to find which is good. Arse end of the car looks sh!te though... :(

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Yeah but we can fix that remember Ford Man hehehe.
going to need a lot of fiberglass, RIM, and could someone please kick in a budget for us?........;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Donut King
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing