1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya All

Had my car in again today to get the clutch replaced:mad:

Yes again

I have 4 some time noticed the strong smell of coolant but could never pin point it, it appears the radiator on the AU2(not sure about AU) is subject to splitting.

NOT HAPPY JAN:fmad:

As I am heading off on a 2-3000 drive today I got it changed and will email the guys at the Ford Help desk latter on

Poor effort on a car thats done 39000clicks.

Suggest you guys to do a visual on the thermo fans to see if you have any signs of leakage before it becomes a problem!:mad3:

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Some faults I have experienced.

AU XR8 Ute, did a clutch within 1500kms...........and flywheel.

AU2 XR8 Pursuit, a gromet relating to the acceleration cable needed replacing, recall problem. Mine was one of only 2 or 3 at Gorells.........

All my AU utes I have owned, both the above and 2 AU2 XR6's had a horrible squeak inm the back, something to do with the tub.........

I have heard in regard to coolant on the AU's, not sure about series 2, but anyhow, the coolant ford was sticking in was killing the water pumps.................

Does anyone know if we have fixed up the troubled IRS Diff yet?

Jas

Oh, another prob, AU series 1's seem to wear brakes out too quick

T

·
0 Posts
minge get a police option radiator put in. quote opt 20, to the parts dept. these mothers dont split.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
Some faults I have experienced.

AU XR8 Ute, did a clutch within 1500kms...........and flywheel.

AU2 XR8 Pursuit, a gromet relating to the acceleration cable needed replacing, recall problem. Mine was one of only 2 or 3 at Gorells.........

All my AU utes I have owned, both the above and 2 AU2 XR6's had a horrible squeak inm the back, something to do with the tub.........

I have heard in regard to coolant on the AU's, not sure about series 2, but anyhow, the coolant ford was sticking in was killing the water pumps.................

Does anyone know if we have fixed up the troubled IRS Diff yet?

Jas

Oh, another prob, AU series 1's seem to wear brakes out too quick

I have a new diff in mine and so far so good. Huge improvement on the first unit. Will post any problems if and when they occur.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
LAMINGE:
What was the problem with your car when I left Herrods on Friday? Surely the coolant thing didn't cause it?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry mate I posted the reply under the warranty reject topic, but it was the oxygen sensor that had unclicked after those to boots, back on know and no drama's

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Diff problems? In a Falcon? No can't be.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
minge get a police option radiator put in. quote opt 20, to the parts dept. these mothers dont split.
I thought all XR8s had the High Capacity Cooling package with the larger heavy duty radiator. There should be no difference between XR8 in civvy or piggy configurations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts