Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my system fitted by Dean from Aussie Performance Enhancements.
Another business just starting out who offers all the regular BA mods for competitive rates. A great bloke who does quality work with a smile and happy to answer any questions .He also chooses to do it with the motor in.

Now i'm off to see Herrods for my intake and helicle air block and hopefully some dyno figures . No matter who I choose , the quality of workmanship and performance products for the BA is bloody good . The future for the Boss motor is looking mighty bright. :angel:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Huh? I'm confused. I thought herrod and Difilipo had a special releationship whereby Herrod would come up with the design, Difilipo manufacture the design, and Herrod provides the installation?

I didn't know the pacemakers were out yet?
This sounds wierd. Herrod not providing s/s headers?!??

Also, did you go with the 4-1 or Tri Y setup?

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Herrods are using the S/S for the DJR cars and will use the S/S if the customer wants it , but its not going to be the base offered unit . I think Pacemaker headers have grabbed that spot , but I could be wrong .
I went the 4 into 1 , as tri Y are not available for these as of yet.
Its like driving a different car and worth every cent .

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The S/S headers were $1695 installed with hi-flow cats .

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Rod. I have a 3inch system form Cats back already which is not different , although its only mild steel . Going to get Herrods catback fitted on the 5th after holidays . I just returned from Herrods today and got air intake refitted , helical block and short shifter.
Dynoed with 215.7 atw.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Fordhead said:
Going to get Herrods catback fitted on the 5th after holidays . I just returned from Herrods today and got air intake refitted , helical block and short shifter.
Dynoed with 215.7 atw.
Great I had decided to stop with intake and cats back exhaust and you find this damn helical block... lol .... looking around to see if the bank managers is watching... he asks... how much is it????

I am also booked in on the 5th for cats back exhaust 8.00 am... will you be there then?

Jase

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be mate. I spose i'll see you there.

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
Fordhead 215.7 is a great result, should pick up a bit more with Herrods cats back system. You wiil proberly end up close to 285 at the flywheel.

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yer , its not too bad Rod. I think its somewhere around 285kW now ( Rob suggests more , but i'm not so sure myself if you do the calcs taking account of losses ) . Should be 300 by the time a chip and cats back are done . I'm just interested in 0 - 100 really , as thats where its really at for my liking .

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
Yes it will be very interesting to see how it goes 0-100. Let me know what you think after the chip and cats back. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Fordhead said:
Should be mate. I spose i'll see you there.
Look forward to it... I would like to hear that ute of yours with the extractors and helical block...

The Ring Road is only a couple of hundred metres from Herrods, so we could easily test the 0-100....

Jase

1 - 13 of 13 Posts