Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried just removing the front mufflers and keeping the rest of the system stock?

If you have done this please either pm me or send me an email on [email protected]

or post it here and let us know how it was.

thanks.

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
On a suggestion I removed my rear muffler. Sound is much improved but not overly loud when cruising. Can't remember too much about the stock sound as I did it days after getting the car. All is still pretty new, not yet done 2000km's but it is getting a bit better even. Happy enough with the results, though I still have the muffler they removed just in case I ever want to put it back. I'll let it keep running in and see how it goes. Sounds throatier when you start her up now.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my set up is such that the front and rear mufflers can be removed easily. Simple bolt on and bolt off.
Over the coming week I will be trying a couple of more combinations for front and rear mufflers. If any of these come out good I'll let yas know. Otherwise...might head back to the stock system (which itself sounds decent) and wait a year or so for the mods to mature.

I'm just thinking back to when the GEN IIIs first came out. They sounded farty from the few that I heard. But now they have some really nice systems for it.

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Yeah, even now it's still early days and a lot of exhaust shops don't really know what to do with these cars. I'm liking what I have done more and more as the days go by, though still very early days.

Let us know how you go. What setup are you currently running?

·
THE PHANTOM
251 Posts
Removing centre muffler. Forget it. Sounds horrible. Have done it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts