Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People only seem to post threads when they have problems with their car. Well, this is a change, I did not have any problems recently, in fact, no problems at all! :angel:

Over the Christmas break and the weeks after it, the car has done three long trips down to Wollongong, lots of city errands, in conditions ranging from heat to pouring rain. One evening in particular, the fog was terrible and the rain was like a wall of water, but the car was extremely stable through-out, and both the front and rear fogs performed their task very well.

So all up, no problems, never had to worry about the car at all, got alot of looks (most common was "whoa, I didn't think you had any tail lights there for a sec" in regards to my aftermarket lights), and it never let me down.

What more can I ask of a car :wnc:

Cheers... Tim

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
Yayyyyyyy for Tim ...........

Now to save for the funds to get a Focus for myself ;)

:fairy

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Great minds mate, as they say... I just got back from a trip up the mountains, with 4 aboard the Zetec plus luggage, the CD was cranking, it was absolutely stunning throughout the whole trip to Katoomba and Back over the long weekend... Highway economy was outstanding, comfort was fantastic, ride with 4 abourd was still amazing, she ran like a dream, purred like a kitten and still managed to get us through that MASSIVE electrical storm with torrential rain at 110km/h along the M4 Friday night, through the Fog in Katoomba all day Sunday and then back home in the traffic. I rewarded her with a trip to the local wet paddock down in the bowels of Katoomba and boy OH boy did we have fun together... my little trip to Carlovers and some Armorall on the interior and 3 hours later she's good as new... Long live the MIGHTY Focus!!! Glad to hear a positive thread Tim, good onya mate!!

Out of interest here's a few pics I took on Friday night when we arrived in the fog... mmmm Focus.

Far away fog lights...
Evil looking foggies...
Focus looking evil again...
Big fog lights blurred...

Cheers,
Matt

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Damn all sounds good there

cant wait to pick mine up.... going to the dealers tomorrow to find out what is happening.... wish me luck might be able to finally get it !!!

·
Focus user
287 Posts
i can't wait to take mine to melb in a few weeks. should be a great drive. how was the economy on the open road for you guys...how far did a tank get ya? and how were to seats for long periods of time? the longest i've spend in my focii would be an hour or so at a time....

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From one tank of fuel, I was driving from Newcastle to Wollongong thru Sydney traffic (260km each way) and back, plus the odd trips around Wollongong during the weekend. I'd say I was getting between 650 to 750kms from the tank, but that was hindered by Sydney stop start traffic, and open stretch like to Melbourne should see some better figures. Those are pretty rough figures though.

I find I can do the three hour Newcastle to Wollongong trip ok with the seats, but usually have a stretch after two hours or so. It depends how you have your seat setup... I don't mind them but some reporters have described them as spine crushing. They certainly are more firm than our BA and both Laser's seats.

Let us know what sort of figures you get going to Melbourne!

Cheers.... Tim

·
Registered
18 Posts
talking of fuel economy. Filled the car on Saturday. Sunday drove Canberra to Syndey and back then Monday did another 25 klms, and I am still waiting for the low fuel light to come on. As for the seats, on the trip to Sydney stopped twice, and not because I was uncomfortable. On the way back just a 5 minute stop for a leak, and not problem with the seats.

All in all the car seems to be going well for its lucky owners.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Drove to Brisvegas last holidays in the Zetec and it was fantastic. Seats are a dream, you only really need to stop to take a leak or to buy more junk food and milkshakes... as for the fuel I average about 700km to a tank on the higway non-stop, that's driving just a little faster than I should be too... about 120 or so. But at 100-110 you're looking at 700km to a tank no worries. Awesome stuff. I just did Sydney Katoomba Sydeny over the long weekend and again it was an absolute dream to drive, seats are just fantastic and the economy with 4 aboard plus luggage was outstanding (9l/100km or so including mixed city driving and lots of mountain driving).

·
Focus user
287 Posts
yea thats what i thought i'd get out of a tank....thats pretty much the whole adelaide to melb trip on one tank....i like that. all the xr8s, te50s, gt's and gtp's i'm going over with will be envious of my fuel economy i reckon.

·
Focus user
287 Posts
of the focus. 55lt isnt it?

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
yep 55l.. well so says the manual and brochures and stuff

easily get to melb with 1 tank, even with my cars higher fuel usage i can get there with no worries

·
Focus user
287 Posts
depends on what route you take. if you take the scenic route which we are...ie...great ocean road...going off the track to go to tourist spots etc....it gets harder to get over on one tank...especially in 5ltr v8s.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Yep that's 55 litres confirmed. Works well, getting 7l/100km you see officially about 785km per tank, but one never runs below about 4 or 5 litres left in the tank so you have an effective (and fuel pump friendly) 700km range safely, as long as you're at max eficiency and not sitting on 110kmh+ all day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts