Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr. Embargo
3,745 Posts
Its obvious why the Statesman is the market leader, its bigger, more powerful, more gadgets and has conservative styling. It truly deserves to beat the Fairlane which has lost all its glamour.

·
337 Posts
The NF/NL IMHO were easily better built/designed cars than the equivalent statesman/crapice.

I do Agree though that now the Current LWB Holden Sedans leave the Fairlane and LTD for dead!

Tim

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Thats why I like the grange get the best bits out of the statesman and caprice, just have to live with the big us style badge at the front.

I think there is a revamp due soon for this model as well ?

Purchasing the Carcom stuff from NRMA will give you the same telematics ability in your EA ;)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a blue grange getting about down here that looks fantastic. I was inspecting the car one day to see if the front emblem would come off easy when the owner came back. Had a good laugh about it and he showed me around it. Now I don't mind the Fairlane but the Grange is bloody good (Ducking for cover) I like big cars so I guess that is one reason. They just spoilt it with the front grill thingy

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
My cousins have a statesman from the VS days, very nice car on the inside, and ther emblem on the bonnet is always getting yanked off... in the few years he's had the car, the cost of the damn things has risen from $40 to over $90 (a mate gave it to him cheaper than retail) is this profiteerring by Holden or have costs involved in amking the badges really risen that much :rolleyes:

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
I actually like the shape of the statesman even more so than the Commodore.
Put a grill off an EF and it will probably look even better, the interior (rear looks quite nice looking at the windowline profile) though some of the fit and finish of some of the ventalation controls look dodgy.

To me the previous Fairlane to the AU series looked best.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
J-type said:
To me the previous Fairlane to the AU series looked best.
I'll agree with that. The AU Fairlane looks OK, just the C-pillar looks out of place.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
In the age of advanced electronics, I'm still a little weary of this type of technology because of the ways that it can be used to your <I>disadvantage</I>.

I mean, with the ability to unlock the car remotely, say someone can reverse-engineer how it works?! Hmmm....maybe I'm just looking at it a little negatively but small things like this stick in the back of my mind because of what I've seen done in the past! I'm sure it's a very good idea in theory but I just hope transmission devices are well encrypted!

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
I am not ahuge fan of the current Statesman, but hell it does look tuff, alot of car, where the Fairlane looks to be sitting to high, the rims appear to small, the tyres to thin, and just looks cheaper. In TL form they look mint though, the styling is mint.........

Jas

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
In TL form they look mint though, the styling is mint.........
Agreed. The other night I was in the Glen carpark and was standing in front of an NL Concorde with a friend (just admiring the thing) and my eyes happened to glance over to the left just a tad. Well what do you know, it's a Black TL50 (the most beautiful Australian Ford EVER mad IMO). I almost fainted.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I agree that the Statesman/Caprice is a lovely looking car. I also like the big imposeing style of the Fairlane/LTD. Then again I also like Lincolns and Caddies.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
TL is indeed lovely, but a slammed NL Fairlane with the XR 16" alloys looks great as well. I really like the rear end treatment on the NL, with the reflectors etc. running with the rear lights.

As for the telematics, .. phhhht! ;) My mobile is good enough for 100% of the situations I've ever had to deal with. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts