Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumour has it, that Tony Longhurst has tested one of the Briggs Falcons on Monday and is set to sign with the team.
I hope Longhurst does'nt drive a Ford ever again after bagging SBR at Bathurst.
Also , Steven Richards has tested the Castrol Commodore at Calder Park this week so it looks definate that he will sign with Perkins.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
gms00 said:
The rumour has it, that Tony Longhurst has tested one of the Briggs Falcons on Monday and is set to sign with the team.
Also , Steven Richards has tested the Castrol Commodore at Calder Park this week so it looks definate that he will sign with Perkins.
Noooooooooo don't let this be true. We don't want that arrogant lanky piece of horsesh*t to ever taint the Blue Oval again. :angry:
What happened to his buddies at HRT, they way he was talking after Bathurst you'd think they were going to drop Skaife and make him numero uno. Hope he misses out on a drive and has t sit in the paddock and watch.
It would be sad to see Streven Richards go back to the Dark Side but i think that is where his loyalties lie. I reckon SR would be good with either Craig lowndes or Marcos Ambrose. Saying all that I wish him the best if he decides to go with CPR.:hit:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Space Lord said:

Maybe they know something we don't.:eek:o1:
Yeah might be the case. I have the upmost respect for Jim. I have had numerous dealings with him through Targa. Absolute first class all the way. Hard to imaging his boy being anything less

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I thought Briggs Motorsport was testing overseas drivers eg Pedro Lamy, Scott Pruett.

On the Richo side of it I think Larry is keen to get him because he basically knows that Ingall will leave after next season and he doesn't want to be left without a topshelf driver.

·
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks
1,457 Posts
HSE2 said:

Yeah might be the case. I have the upmost respect for Jim. I have had numerous dealings with him through Targa. Absolute first class all the way. Hard to imaging his boy being anything less
I haven't met Jimmy, but I can assure you his son Steve is an extremely nice man! So you're right!

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
IMHO Briggs would be mad not to consider some young guys like Wayne Wakefield, Dean Canto and Greg Ritter for AT LEAST one of the seats...

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
The Mighty XE said:
IMHO Briggs would be mad not to consider some young guys like Wayne Wakefield, Dean Canto and Greg Ritter for AT LEAST one of the seats...
I would agree there, rather than bring in imported ex F1 drivers, develop some young local talent. Guys like canto and ritter have the talent, they just need the chance to establish themselves in a team, they have the speed as was shown with their FTR and DJR endurance drives at bathurst where both finished in the top 10 iirc...

·
1,457 Posts
I was very impressed with Greg Ritter at both Queensland and Bathurst. A Ford team better grab him before a Holden team does IMO.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
HP Dude said:
I was very impressed with Greg Ritter at both Queensland and Bathurst. A Ford team better grab him before a Holden team does IMO.
Rumors still persist that there will be a 3rd DJR car with ritter in it next year, although I doubt it will happen, I hope it does

·
1,457 Posts
DONUT KING said:

Rumors still persist that there will be a 3rd DJR car with ritter in it next year, although I doubt it will happen, I hope it does
So do I. I think once he would become settled and experienced in a car/team he could be a real contender in the future. May'be not at DJR though; they wouldn't want him upstaging the boss' son, eh!

·
Australian Ford Member
77 Posts
DONUT KING said:

It has been done Before - Remeber "Racing For Life"? - I just hope there's enough Grid Spots left with the 2nd GMS car, the 3rd Stone Bros Car, the 2nd Ozemail car, The 5th hrt Car, The 2 new Jones/Haberfield cars and the three additional Briggs Cars.............. Have I Left Anyone out????

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I remember the racing for life falcon, there was initially plans to run 2 of those cars but the funds fell through so they only ran the one...
And you are right, we are going to have a lot of pre-qualifying required for all the new cars next season :crazy1:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HP Dude said:
Too bloody right.. Ritter in a DJR car would be sweet as IMO..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HP Dude said:
...they wouldn't want him upstaging the boss' son, eh!
Fark the bosses son.. Get some results dammit!!! Go Ford!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts