Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Australian AUII XR8 Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received word that my XR is now reallity.

Painted, engine fitted and almost out the gate at Broadmeadows.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
So many new members i can't keep up with the stats. What was the configuration of your car? Manual, what colour, options that sort of stuff!

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is Manual (is there any other option ?)

Body Kit,
Momo bits
Premium Audio

would have liked to go Premium brakes but the dollars didn't quite stretch that far. can always put them on later I guess.

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doh, you did ask that didn't you.

Went for the Blue.

Couldn't decide between blue and black, but ended on Blue in the hope that it would be easier to keep clean.

T

·
0 Posts
Just to be a pain, what type of blue...the Xr blue or the standard fairmont looking blue, if you get my drift.

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The actual color name is "Narooma Blue" this is the replacemet for "Galaxy Blue".

The dealer had cars in both colors in stock - they are very similar, the Narooma blue being slightly brighter.

T

·
0 Posts
I think I know the colour you mean. You might kick yourself when they release the new XR (260kw) in Sep-Oct. This may be a collector's edition. ooops I let the cat out.

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know, didn't know of the rumored "limited edition" when I ordered it.

But there is always something on the horizon, if you sit back and wait for what's coming next ...

In any case it's a fair bit more grunt than what I have now ;)

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both ;)

I am currently running a EB II S 4.0 (on LPG)

Somewhere around 140 KW so 220 KW gives me around 50% increase in power.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
We should be getting our cars at around the same time then! Mine comes out of Tickford tomorrow (Friday).

OT:
When Tickford line the cars up for build they put a white sticker on the windscreen and list the options and build spec. Mine filled the entire sticker with small print!!! :)evil:) Hamburger with the lot in Tickford code. David Flint reckons there oughta be more.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
David Flint reckons there oughta be more.
Sign me up.. just need to find out what's going on with work and I'm there.. :cool:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
did you take any pictures?
No - but Tony C. has been taking pictures for me. When he figures out the software to download them he will send...... and I will post!
If not I will have photos next Wednesday (stay tuned :evil: )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts