Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My father is buying a new Chevy Truck and I am going to buy his Ranger.
It is a 1992 Extended Cab 4 x4, about 125,000. He has owned it since around 1993-1994. It is standard and a v-6.
He has had the front struts replaced last year as well as the front differential.
I know he has had most tuneup stuff replaced also like plugs and wires......the only thing he has done too it that i dont agree with is he has had the oil changed like every 5-6,000 miles and i change the oil on my probe every 2,500 miles, so i will change the oil on the truck more often then he has done.

The body is rusting, but my probe runs like crap up here in the snow and i need a truck for the winter.

I have learned so much about my probe by joining a forum on the internet and i am hoping to learn as much about this ranger too.

any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Hope you enjoy your stay here. There are a few ranger fans here who maybe able to give advice about your truck. There are also other knowledgable people around who can also help out if neccesary. So hope the site is useful for you.
Ask any questions you like and hopefully you'll get what you need.

·
Registered
214 Posts
They're tough little trucks, I wouldn't worry about anything. Just change the fluids and keep up with maintenance and you should be okay. For more specific info on your engine, etc, try www.therangerstation.com. Struts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts