Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Ford Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at these Forums for about a month now and have at last registered as a user. I have seen a few references (all positive of course!) to Kiwi Ford fans but would like to know if we have anybody registered from NZ.

Any Kiwis living in Oz and feel homesick? - send a note and I will tell you what is happening to Ford in NZ.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Hi kiwiford. Another Kiwi here and there are a few others on here as well helping the Aussie's on the Blue Oval front.Where are you in Auckland.

·
Ford Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in 'Vim Valley' just off the Pakuranga highway - but obviously work at 90 Plunket Ave, Wiri. How many other Kiwis do you reckon are registered?

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
There is about another 4 or 5 i think.Some are in Aussie but are from NZ.From memory there is J-Type, priteshpatel99, Brendon but i'm not sure if he is a Kiwi or just lived here, Another from Morrinsville that lives in Aus but i need to check what his online name is.Might remember some others.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
Ok the other kiwi from morrinsville is ebxr8240.He is currently living in Aus.What do you drive kiwiford.

·
Ford Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Driving a TS50 at the moment. By the time I get to work I have a big smile on my face! - An even bigger smile is driving from SH1 to SH27 via the Ohinewai rd just before Huntly, in 3rd gear...

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Welcome aboard Kiwiford,

I'm a kiwi and live in the Manawatu region.
I love the twisty roads down here - it really suites the XR8 though I would love to get my hands on a Mondeo ST (called Zetec-S in Europe - if correct) and put it through its paces around here.

One of my big interests is car design and at the moment I am putting together a portfolio to send over to Ford Australia.
But again - welcome. :thumbup:

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
kiwiford said:
Driving a TS50 at the moment. By the time I get to work I have a big smile on my face! - An even bigger smile is driving from SH1 to SH27 via the Ohinewai rd just before Huntly, in 3rd gear...
Is it a series 2 or 1?

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

Not sure if I should admit to this, but I was born in Dunedin.

:p

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
I'm a Kiwi, born in Geraldine :D, but in Melbourne now.

All my family are still in NZ, mum's in Hamilton, dad's in Waihi.

And I drive a Holden :p

T

·
0 Posts
Brendan said:
I'm a Kiwi, born in Geraldine :D, but in Melbourne now.

All my family are still in NZ, mum's in Hamilton, dad's in Waihi.

And I drive a Holden :p
2 out of 3 aint bad. we'll fix the holden bit...:D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Yup, me Aucklander boy.
Ponsonby/Grey-Lynn Auckland:D

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
me here living in Melbourne but was born in LOWER HUTT. (doesn't that place sound cool, like dude i jus' been hanging wid mah G's in da HUTT)

haha neway, I was a little tacker when I left but keep goin ever annually.

cya
Simmo

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:

nice place geraldine, spent a week there in autumn, loved the outskirts.
Lived my first 3 years up the road in Peel Forrest, Dad was the teacher at the little school there, don't think it exists now.

T

·
0 Posts
Brendan said:

Lived my first 3 years up the road in Peel Forrest, Dad was the teacher at the little school there, don't think it exists now.
yeah know peel forest as well, walked from there all the way to the community hall, actually we ran, army exercise, that is one hell of road to run when its wet. I remember a house caught fire and because there is no fire brigade in peel forest this young girl had to run back down the road to contact the brigade, when they got back to the house it was destoyed, and I think from memory her mother perished.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:

hmmmm an otago girl.
Ummm.... if you say so.

I left there when I was 4, and havent been back since. Dont really know too much about the place other than its in the south island.

I cant even understand my relo's when then come to visit. there accents are too strange.

:p :p

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
Well, I wasn't born in NZ but lived there for 5 years. Spent most of my time in Palmerston North and Dunedin. Hey, if you're ever in the FoMoCo office in Melbourne, Oz, you'll notice my desk is the one with the All Blacks mug on it! :D That's gotta count for something right?! ;)

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
rallyman said:
Well, I wasn't born in NZ but lived there for 5 years. Spent most of my time in Palmerston North and Dunedin. Hey, if you're ever in the FoMoCo office in Melbourne, Oz, you'll notice my desk is the one with the All Blacks mug on it! :D That's gotta count for something right?! ;)
Ah someone that has actually stayed in the manawatu - Ashhurst is the closest I've got to living in Palmy.

And yes you will be excused for having a All Blacks cup.:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts